Still nervous to start medifast?

Options
Remember me?

My old account was Wish21 and last week I made a post. A lot has happened since then. Mostly worry. Heres the story: Sunday afternoon, I had decided maybe medifast wasnt right for me. I can't believe that I had spent 271 and now I want to change my mind, ugh. I call TSFL asking if I can cancel. She told me she would see what she could do and for me to call back in 24hrs. I called back and lo- and behold the order had already been processed. I would have to wait for it to come in and then send it back, etc.. Then I began think, if I have to do all of this why don;t I just give the program a go. Now I am just like idk. So the reason I deleted my account was because I didnt want to have to tell all my new found medi friends that I had bail. My order hasn't came in yet. I think I am going to go with it. but still there is an uneasy feeling about it. Advice?:sad:

**Please don't comment if you are only gonna have something ignorant or rude to say

Replies

• bargainshpr
    bargainshpr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to help. What exactly is making you nervous the cost, the food, worried about not losing the weight. I just started on Tuesday. Its too early to know how much I've lost but I'm optimistic and hopeful.
  • 77cole
    77cole Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Like you I'm new to MF so I can't give you too much advice about the program. Just know that the first three days won't be easy, at the end of my second day I was so tired and hungry.???? I read several posts on MFP saying that this is normal and after three days I should feel much better. You know what they were right after the third day I felt fine. I just finished my 9th day I don't feel hungry I don't feel tired. So my advice is if you do decide to make a change using MF give it a chance. I know your hesitant, but don't get discouraged early on your body will adjust to this change. And continue to reach out for support like you already have it helps. Good Luck!
  • Drrasmu
    Drrasmu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to try it! I have lost 70+ lbs and it has been the only program that has had these kind of results for me. I live in a small town and it is amazing how many people have signed up for Medifast and are shrinking like crazy. Word of mouth and seeing results on the people you see all the time was reason enough for me to try it out, so glad I did! I was very nervous too, wondered what have I gotten myself into:) I encourage you to sign up for their free health coach services or at the least purchase the Dr. A workbook/book series they have on their website. Life changing. Good luck!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Actually, that's a really good idea - sign up for a coach!

It sounds like you're the type of person who would really enjoy/benefit from having a coach to help support you on your journey.

I do encourage you to be committed to it, though. If you're committed, you'll find that it *does* work. I think you'll be excited to see your loss just from the first week, and that's really motivating. :-) Helps you stick with it for the following weeks.
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Options
    You only have 4 weeks of food, right? If you don't like it then you can quit. But, think of all the weight you can lose in ONLY 4 weeks!! You can do it!
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    MF isn't for everyone. I tried it for 54 weeks which I consider 'giving it a good go' before finallly making the decision it wasn't right for me. Truthfully I was never a good fit for MF because I workout too much - typicallly at least 2-3 hrs per day. I was VERY upfront with MF prior to signing up about what athletic activities I engage in. Basicallly, I kept burning muscle and storing fat because my body was starving for calories. Currently, between my Dr., my sports dietician, my trainer, and coaches i feel I have a great team that 'fits' my needs both metabolically and for support. Give MF a try if you want to knowing it works great for some folks but not others. Good luck to you in your journey :-)