RNY surgery April 22

Options
Hey everyone!...I had RNY surgery April 22. Any other April post ops in this group? I'm new to fitness pal and looking to add friends who are in the same boat so we can compare, share and support each other. I'm losing really slow and needing to find the energy to exericise! Any tips, advice would be so appreciated.

Replies

• nfgaring
    nfgaring Posts: 12
    Options
    I had my RNY April 11th. Every activity is an opportunity for exercise. Even if it's baby steps, you can always take one (or two) more steps just for the sake of it. I have a gym available to me through my work, for free! But, most days my schedule is so busy and I just want to go home to my family. I've had to get out of the notion that I need to spend 30-60 minutes in full blown cardio-workout to think I exercised. Those times will and have come. 5-10 minutes a day is exercise! And if I look at it as "opportunity"... well 5-10 minutes adds up to 35-70 minutes for the week. And when I do get a chance for a sustained work out its physically and mentally satisfying. Baby steps lead to the ability to capitalize on opportunity! Keep with it.
  • RNYBeth
    RNYBeth Posts: 3
    Options
    Great advice...thanks you so much for sharing this!
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm not a April surgery date. I was Feb. But you are more than welcome to friend me. I would love to support each other.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had vsg in april
  • lorikeet45
    Options
    I had RNY on April 26th. The lbs are coming off slowly, but I often find it difficult to get my protein and water in.. but it gets easier! Feel free to add me.
  • anm1063
    anm1063 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I had surgery on April 30th. I am stalled out right now at 50 pounds lost, though the stalls only seem to last a few days. I am having crazy trouble getting over 750 calories each day, which I know is why I am stalling s often. Please feel free to add me!
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not a newbie but one thing that we have in common is the slow weight loss. I was so disappointed when I went to my one month support group meeting and I had only lost 8 pounds in four weeks. Every one else there who had their surgeries the same time as I did had lost 20 pounds or more. But it did come off within a year (117 pounds) and that was 11 years ago. I now have between 15-20 pounds to lose that I have gained back. :smile:
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. I am 3 years out from RYG and realize it was the best thing that I ever did. My tip for exercise is similar to the first response. Walk whenever you can. Get a new style step counter, or movement counter. Set a reasonable goal, and strive for 10 steps more each day until you are back up to full speed. Support groups were and still are my lifeline to continued success. Just try not to do the comparison thing. Remember, you all started in different spots, had individual surgeries, and have unique metabolism a. It will happen