Introduction & June Goals!

Options
ashleyeliz25
ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
Hi all!

I am excited that we all are continuing to support each other!! Our little group is awesome :)

Feel free to post your goals for June on here and introduce yourself if you are new!

Can't wait for June!!

Side note: I will be out of town the first week of June for a graduation trip, just wanted to mention that..but the resort has a gym and I plan on working out every day for 2 hours:)

Replies

• Littlesaint30
    Options
    Hiya, I am very happy to help you on your weightloss journey Hun and support you in anyway I can. My name is Lisa, I am 33 and from the north of the United Kingdom. I have been on other weightloss program's before and successfully lost huge amounts of weight, but since the birth of my second son I have piled it all back on again.

I am determined to lose at least half a stone by the end of June, that's 14lb. Want to feel thinner and look better before io see my family whom I haven't seen in a while.

Feel free to chat anytime

Lisa xx
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mars (I've been chubby ever since I was a little kid) and I'm about to go to college and I really want to lose weight because...well...you know how kids can be these days. I started the 30 day shred (plus a healthy diet) and I am hoping that by the end of June, I'll see the difference. ^_^ (I'm aiming for 5 lbs or more!) :flowerforyou:

I love motivating my friends and get back the sweet motivations to keep our journey together a happy and healthy one :drinker:

Feel free to add me ^_^
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I gained a lot of weight with my last two pregnancies. MFP has helped me lose more than I had expected, but I still need to keep working at it. It isn't about losing the weight anymore, it's more getting out and doing things I wouldn't have tried before. Last month I tried Zumba.... and I love it.

This month I am going to work on a walking to running plan. I'm thinking one of the 30 day challenges. The FB group I just joined is doing Squats(OUCH) But hey... no pain no gain right??
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    HI all!
    My June goals are to finally get rid of that 3 in front of my weight and to continue the C25k. I want to try and add some more resistance strength training to my workouts. We are going on a week vacation to Okoboji the last week of June and it worries me.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just copied what i put in the Intro for the May Challenge group! So excited to keep this group going!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

>>> I live in a VERY SMALL town in Southern Indiana....we don't even have a stop light! I've been married for 4.5 yrs - second marriage for both of us. I have two step-kids - boy (almost 15 yrs old - SHEW... the teenager years are a bear already!!!!) and a girl (who turned 11 yrs old a couple of weeks ago). I don't have any children of my own... just a yellow lab - Baxter.

I work in Sales and Marketing.... I'm sure some of you will snarl at my position. I'm used to it... I travel at least 4 times a year for my job.... I've only been in this position for a little over a year. My last job I was at for 10 years.... so things are still really new and stressful!

I started Turbo Jam about 3 weeks ago... I LOVE IT!! I also have an elliptical and weight machine in our basement.... and now that it's nice I've been walking with my lab and riding my bike SO I"M Looking forward to SWEATING AND BURNIN' SOME BUTTER in JUNE!! WHOOOOP!!! WHOOOOOP!!!! Looks like some of you will be BURNING way more calories than me ... but that's OK.

I'm hoping to burn 1,500 a week.... actually I'm hoping to "BLOW THAT OUTTA DA WATA" but we'll see.
  • LaNewFifi
    LaNewFifi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a mother of 3 all under 6, I never lost all of my pregnancy weight. I am trying to find what works for me to lose weight and learn more about eating clean and working out to lose weight and be healthy.
    My motivation is to be able to run and play with my kids, fit into the smallest size in my closet ( a size 12) and generally to be healthy and fit.
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

So nice to read all your messages. It is nice to know I have support here. I will try and do the same for you. (feel free to add me)

I'm really upset that my friends and family call me fat. I'm 8-10 kilos above my weight range and not obese! I want to be photographed without inhibitions and look good.

May has been challenging and I haven't done so well. I've been on a plateau for 3-4 months now. I lose a kilo and gain that back when I stop my diet and exercise. I will break that barrier in June.

My June month goal is to lose 2-3 kilos (~5-6 lbs). I know it's possible and will be hard, but what's life without challenges? (too cliche, sorry :smile: )

Stay strong.

P
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group.

I live in North Texas but am from Arizona. The last time I was on a weight loss journey was over 10 years ago and I had kept it off. We moved a few years back from Arizona to Texas. The move followed by my Mom passing away added the pounds. I had 30lbs to lose as of April. I am down 6lbs. I would love to lose another 6-8lbs in June.

I use a fitbit to log exercise and track food here.
  • blu_bird
    blu_bird Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I am from Oklahoma, 31 years old and have 2 kiddos that drive me insane : ) and keep me very very busy. About a month ago I decided to change my life and get in shape and change how I eat. It was a cold turkey kind of move in that I woke up one morning and just pressed play (literally). my husband had been doing P90X for a couple of years and when I woke up that morning I was on a mission and just popped in the dvd and started. It was hard and I had to modify almost everything, except for the stretching I was able to do that on my own.....ok I take that back I had to modify that too ; ) but seriously I did....

But now I am on Day 30 Phase 2 and feeling great! Although I am only down 6 lbs since I started it I have lost a couple of inches in there too. I think most importantly I just overall FEEL good, I have energy and I even noticed that I am smiling more. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal and it is going to take some time. but this time I am motivated and serious about sticking to it.

My goal for june is to get under the big 200, my nemesis, I can always get close but never cross over!!! I am at 205 right now, so I can almost taste it : )

I look forward to being in the group and giving as well as receiving encouragement.
  • JenniferTate
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jenn, I'm 40 years old and live in Ohio. I've been with my husband for 22 years and we've been married for 20 years. We have three children aged 20, 18, and 15 and we also have our first grandchild on the way, a little boy named Damon Cole.

Currently I'm working toward losing 26 more pounds and then possibly another 20, but my main goal is to stay active, get healthy, and stay healthy.

My goals for June are to lose at least five pounds, drink more water, and get back to walking at least two to three times a week.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • myjourneytofitness
    myjourneytofitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I am 27 years old and I have been battling with my weight all my life but I now seem to be making progress over the last couple of years. I would confess that it is tough but I am glad to have a forum such as MFP to get my fitness goal achieved.

This June challenge I am really looking forward to.. My birthday is June 10th so I am taking this as an extra commitment to continue my journey to fitness...whooo hooooooo

Looking forward to your support and I will be here as well to support you all.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Nice to "meet" you :happy:

My name is Luisa, I'm 29, and am an expat living in Plano (Texas) with my husband. I joined this site a long time ago, but have only started using it properly for a month or so. It, together with the May Challenge group, have been great at pushing me to keep up with the exercise and try to eat cleaner. I am in a quest to get as fit as possible. I really want to get into some serious kickboxing training, but before that, I want to build muscle, loose a bit of body fat % and improve my endurance. Please, feel free to add me if you like, so that we can pursue our goals together!

Currently, I'm doing 2 programmes at home: Chalean Extreme (just started the Lean phase) and Insanity (started month 2 last week). My goals for June are to continue weight lifting 3x a week, and to pick up a new programme once I finish with Insanity (should be around middle of June). In terms of a caloric burn goal, I would like to stick with a similar amount to this month's; around 14000-15000 calories.

Good luck to you all :flowerforyou:
  • cjowell
    cjowell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Christi, from Texas. I have never been tiny but growing up I wasn't "big". In college I started gaining weight and ended up gaining 130 pounds in the ten years after high school. So now I am working on getting back down to a healthy weight.

I am starting an ab challenge and maybe a squat challenge for June. I do better with challenges and want to continue to push myself. I haven't set a calories burned goal for June (still trying to reach Mays lol).

Anyone is free to add me as a friend. Today was my 150th log in day in a row!! I am consistant with my logging! Good luck everybody!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Suzanne from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm 41, engaged to a great man, have 2 stepdaughters (16 and 13) and LOVE to cook and eat. I joined MFP because I hit maximum density of almost 240 lbs at 5'8". I'm currently 190 and my goal is 160. I'm trying to make the lifestyle change of healthier eating, less drinking and more activity - so I can eat & drink more!

I did the May challenge with a goal of 16,000 calories. I'm 95% sure I'll achieve it, and am considering upping it by 5% to 17,000 calories for June. I lost almost 10 pounds in May, most probably due to this exercise challenge. I would like to lose 7-8 pounds for June.

I'm training for a Try-a-Tri in August. I'm in week 3 of C25K - trying to run 3x a week, bike 2x a week and swim 2x a week, in addition to my year-round hockey of 2-4x a week. I try to exercise daily, and only take a rest day when my body tells me to.

If your goals and interests are similar to mine, please feel free to add me as a friend! Just include Team Turtle so I know who you are! :D
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Suzanne from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm 41, engaged to a great man, have 2 stepdaughters (16 and 13) and LOVE to cook and eat. I joined MFP because I hit maximum density of almost 240 lbs at 5'8". I'm currently 190 and my goal is 160. I'm trying to make the lifestyle change of healthier eating, less drinking and more activity - so I can eat & drink more!

I'm similar; I sometimes feel I only want to do exercise so I can eat more :tongue:
    Hardest for me is to not drink and forget about tracking my calories when I'm out on the weekends... Whoops!
  • elizajane1
    elizajane1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Jane and I just turned 50. I have been married for 26.5 years. I have 3 children (24, 21, 16). I like the name of this Team! :) It fits right with the motto... I am ok with being a turtle because the turtle wins the race!!! I need to win the race. I have been at this for way too many years! I am ready to be finished!

I surprised myself in May at how many calories I was able to burn! I am hoping to do as well in June! Let's keep this going! It is fun to see what everyone is doing!! :)
    Jane
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Mary, I'm from southwestern Ontario, Canada. I have been with my spouse for just over 8 years, no children, but two fairly active dogs. We live in a small town with a great group of friends that keep us entertained.

I lost just over 40lbs since joining this site, most of it was last fall and I have basically plateaued since early winter. I'm hoping this challenge will help me ramp up my workouts to start up the weight loss again.

My goal in May was 20,000 which I was able to meet so for June I am going to attempt 23,000 calories burned.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I'm similar; I sometimes feel I only want to do exercise so I can eat more :tongue:
    Hardest for me is to not drink and forget about tracking my calories when I'm out on the weekends... Whoops!

Luisa - guess what I did tonight? DH and I went for an almost 2 hour bike ride. That left me with 1400 calories for dinner. So we went out for Italian! I can so get used to this! :D
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm M from Finland and I'm turning 27 tomorrow wohoo~

My goal for June is 19200, that's 4800 cals a week.
  • Alotalove4u
    Alotalove4u Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello All I'm April,
    I am a past member of the ( MAY CHALLENGE) And I really enjoyed the group, I plan on continuing my daily food intake and excersize plan so far that is working for me, my Birthday is on the 15th so I want to be 10lbs lighter. So I am looking forward to motivate and to get motivated. We all are winners, And Im ready for this journey,,
    :drinker: Good Luck to all