I think about food all day!!

Options
Trashanna28
Trashanna28 Posts: 13 Member
Am I the only person that thinks about food 24hrs out of the day? I love to cook and eat! I love comfort food as well.. But i have come to the realization that i have a serious problem. I need help but i just can't stop thinking about food. . :-(

Replies

• HeatherS0707
    Options
    I can totally relate. For me I often think about food in an obsessing way. It's more about thinking about not being about to control food and then I think about not be able to control thinking about food lol and so on...
    For me i guess what helps is to think about what I would think about if I were NOT thinking of food. That might be the key to why you ARE thinking about food instead. Everyone's different. No advice is one-size-fits-all but it's a thought.

Hang in there. I understand what you're going through. You're not alone.
  • Rocksham
    Rocksham Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! I found help through The Recovery Group. They have a Newcomers area that helped me alot. Are you working the Steps? That helps me too!
  • Trashanna28
    Options
    I have't started the steps cause i have no idea where to start. Thats why i am here..lol
  • Trashanna28
    Options
    I can totally relate. For me I often think about food in an obsessing way. It's more about thinking about not being about to control food and then I think about not be able to control thinking about food lol and so on...
    For me i guess what helps is to think about what I would think about if I were NOT thinking of food. That might be the key to why you ARE thinking about food instead. Everyone's different. No advice is one-size-fits-all but it's a thought.

Hang in there. I understand what you're going through. You're not alone.

I am gonna try very hard. I prayed very hard last night and kinda of helped me... And plus i just quit smoking on May 28 and now losing weight...i am taking it one day at a time. Thank you..
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I guard my abstinence and my program as though they were my dearest possessions–and they are.
    For Today (p. 66)

I think anyone who is on the OA board and considers themselves a Compulsive Overeater has gone through more than one period where the pictures of food move through the brain cells constantly. It's a challenging fact of life for me.

When I am not logging in, when I am not checking the boards, I am eating. I'm off the deep end and struggling for air.

Here is the link to the OA website: http://www.overeatersanonymous.org/ You will find things there for reading and connecting; it's a good place to start. You can also purchase literature on the site if you don't have a meeting that you can attend. Here's the link to find local meetings http://www.oa.org/membersgroups/find-a-meeting/

We are all here to support each other -- please keep coming back to the boards. Here you have people that truly understand.
    :flowerforyou: