3month mark

Options
dylansmom87
dylansmom87 Posts: 16 Member
Well It was three months ago that I was Diagnosed T2. My A1C was 11,2...they told me i should really be on insulin but would let me have a go at Metformin first.I wanted to prove them wrong. Well I did a 180% change, walking or working out with purpose 5-6 days a week, little to none refined sugars, watching carbs, joined this site, 23 lbs down so far, getting tonnes of support. My Dietician said that in three months she would like to see my A1C go down by at least 1 point.,,,,,,,,,,well it went from 11.2 three months ago to.........6.9 today...... things seem to be working
:smile:

Replies

• wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :happy: that is remarkable news! What drive and determination! I am afraid to go to the doctor but I have to call and make an appointment for the next month. It is amazing what you did in three months. You have motivated me!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome news. So glad you are able to do this with out the insulin and maybe someday you can kick the Metformin too :) Keep up the fantastic work
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!,,, Well Done!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What a drop in such a short time. That has to give you the needed incentive to continue on. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Very well done. Congratulations on an awesome outcome from hard work.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nice work, A impressive accomplishment!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What fabulous news!!! You are doing so well, keep up the fantastic work!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely paying off! Keep up the great work and you will achieve your goals before you know it.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That is really fantastic! Excellent, excellent work. Your effort is so clear in those numbers.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic! Continued success!!!