New to group

Options
issypops
issypops Posts: 212 Member
Hi
I'm Angela

I thought I should join this group as I desperately need tips and support to cope with my raging hormones! I will be fifty in a couple of weeks and have been in peri menopause for what seems a lifetime, I'm sure my excess weight is making things much worse. I gave up sugar a couple of months ago in a vain attempt to get rid of my hormonal migraines, no luck as yet but I have dropped 8Ibs. I would be really interested in sharing stories, tips and ideas to help me loose weight and navigate through this difficult stage in my life.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Herstory4
    Herstory4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Angela,

I'm a newbie as well and looking for help with all the crazy things going on; however, I did have one question for you. Have you always had migraines? If not, you may not know that there a number of triggers (unrelated to sugar) that may be causing your pain. Wine, chocolate, and a host of other food related triggers, or like me, the weather, stress, time of the month, the year, etc .

There is a lot of good info on the web, and if you haven't talked to your doctor, please do. I've been a migraine sufferer for 30 years - in the past ten or so they have come out with treatments that have really helped.
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Never had migraines and cannot help with that.

Periomenopause I know what you mean, mine started at age 41 and so it seemed like forever.

Now I am firmly in menopause territory, waiting for my 12 months to role around so I can start figuring out the joys of post menopausal-ness.....

For me it has been mostly mild, but definitely mysterious, puzzling, frustrating, etc. The internet has been my salvation in this space as my doctors even female naturopaths seemed to know little or nothing!
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh yah, I am interested in friend adds too!