Results

Options
I think majority of us are starting into the last week of the first month! I would LOVE to hear some of your success stories so far, see any photos, hear of results! We are getting to the part where we slowly start to see changes in our bodies!
Nice work everyone!

Replies

• katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am starting my recovery week this week (core cardi & balance)!!

Unfortunately I haven't noticed much change in my body as yet - I didn't start out very big and more than anything I just need to tone up but I thought I would start to see a change by now. I won't give up I will see it through to the end, and apparently you start to see more results in month 2 so I am looking forward to starting that.

Is anyone else having the same problem as me?
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I dont think I've noticed much change either - I know I'm stronger and certainly fitter but I cant see any difference. I'll measure next week and see, I think. I have about 30lb to lose, ish, but maybe it's because I'm also eating more than I've not even lost kilos?

How about you - have you lost weight, or inches or both? Definitely wait for second month!
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options
    Im definitly with both of you! I can tell things are slowly getting tighter, and I am much stronger, but I don't see noticeable changes yet. Some people I know started seeing ab's within the first two weeks, so Im kind of a little glad Im not the only one! I have heard month two is where the results start coming in, but I am scared as well that maybe I still somehow am not eating properly and that is making a difference? Good luck everyone! We got this :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    That's EXACTLY my worry, the not-eating properly! Sometimes I'll go over and have cake or chocolate or nuts and go over the 1700 that my TDEE guess put me at....I often go over carbs and under protein

My concern is that we're putting all this work into moving right, but I've not nailed the eating right bit. We're getting there, slowly but surely though :)
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My results haven't been what i want in numbers....i gained almost 4 lbs and only lost 4 inches in Month 1 :(

Talk about a frustration, so i put it in perspective for myself. I have taken a look at where I started, i could barely finish 15 minutes of an easier workout a few months ago, I used to be 185 lbs about 3 years ago. I can do actual pushups now...not the girl ones, the military ones, i can see my biceps, i have little back trouble nowadays and I was told my butt is perkier lol.

I also fit in pants that i haven't worn for about 2 years when i was a full-time runner, my shirts fit better.

Bottom line, I feel so much healthier, I can complete a warmup of Insanity no problem and although i do struggle through a couple of the exercises I have not quit, and I can feel myself stronger, I can complete the Insanity workouts but I don't struggle near as much as i did in the beginning. I can do ski abs now woot woot! I am so much stronger physically and mentally.

I realized from my own experience in the past that if i focus on the numbers i will lose the focus on the most important part....being and feeling healthy.

My heart, my body and my mind are so much healthier now since I started despite the number results, but those numbers have made me actually reflect on what i do need to change for Month 2 but the numbers are not my focus if you know what i mean....sorry if this is long.

If I can help just one person realize those stupid numbers mean nothing, then i've done what i wanted. I've been there done that with the numbers.....and they never ever put me in a good place dwelling on them. We got this peeps despite any numbers, we all feel healthier and stronger and that truly is what matters :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I think I'll be fine if I lose those 4 inches you did BBM :) I definitely like being stronger! I'm so pleased that you can see such great results on yourself!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Just wait til month 2. I ahve seen a lot of people not lose any weight at all or gain a little and their pictures look amazing because of the muscle tone and inches. :D
    I have gained a couple ponds but I notice I am shaping up nicely when looking in the mirror. :D