What "nutrition" plan are you following?

Options
achnburn
achnburn Posts: 27 Member
I was wondering what everyone is doing for their nutrition? I am trying to eat clean (following somewhat the eat clean diet - although I hate the word diet) and am striving for a 90/10 split. I know from experience that I cannot cut out all the things - so I will work on eating clean 90 percent of the time, but allow myself 10% of my calories to come from something that is a treat whether it is still clean or not.

I am still trying to determine my correct calorie amount. The eat clean diet doesn't count calories, but rather you eat all the clean things until you are satisfied and you should lose weight. I still want to see what I am actually eating per day - plus with my 10% cheat - I want to make sure I am not overdoing it...

So - what type of nutrition plan are you working with? What do you find works best for you and why?

Replies

• Heidi0630
    Heidi0630 Posts: 27
    Options
    Mine is a (mostly) gluten free lifestyle. Since I have a sensitivity to gluten its more of a must that I follow it. I also keep my carbs to a minimum. I don't eat very much in the way of processed foods as they contain way too much sodium. I aim to have veggies or fruit at every meal. Sometimes I'll have 2 or more different choices of them in a meal. It seems to be working pretty well for me. Good Luck with yours.
  • danapowell12
    danapowell12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used the nutrition calculator at fat2fitradio.com to come up with how many calories to eat to lose weight being sedentary. Then I eat back my exercise calories (I use a polar hrm to see how many calories I burn).

I keep a 35/35/30 carb/protein/fat ratio and limit dairy and wheat products.

I eat 90% clean, but if I plan on going out to eat (rarely), I look online to see the options at whatever place I want to go, and then log the nutrition information into myfitnesspal and eat around that the whole day, so I stay within my calorie range (or just slightly over).
  • coozine
    coozine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Low carb (30 grams per day not counting the fiber) and 1200 calories per day.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Weight Watchers with my calories set at 1600, 40/30/30 on carbs/fats/proteins. Though I'm always over on carbs! I'm also watching my sodium because I have high blood pressure.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I follow my own modified plan. Basically: 1200 calories (with additional exercise calories most days up to 1500); 40/40/20 carb/protein/fat. Keeping my carbs to 100g a day works well (my limit is 120.) I lost a lot once on a real low-carb diet, but I gained it all back. Now, I don't do low-carb, but rather "carb aware." I get most my carbs from healthy sources like veggies, fruits, nuts, oat bran etc. I think no matter how clean you eat, it's still good to enter the amounts and count the calories. Btw, lots of folks on MFP say 1200 is too low.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Weight Watchers with my calories set at 1600, 40/30/30 on carbs/fats/proteins. Though I'm always over on carbs! I'm also watching my sodium because I have high blood pressure.

Cappri - Congratulations on your weight loss! Amazing!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Thank you!
  • myjourneytofitness
    myjourneytofitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Thank you!

You are inspiring me!.....Congrats
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I do Ketogenic, Might be a slightly modified plan cause I'm not a fan of veggies so rarely eat them and a really picky eater so tend to stick to the same foods all the time. I basically eat the same as I always have and just cut out the chips and pop which were my downfall but as long as it fits my 5/30/65 goals I'm happy.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    just eating good nutritious foods most of the time; had a nutritionist once and she taught me many things...that I try to keep doing...
    and when I do...I lose; eat anti-inflammatory foods, salmon and other fish, limit protein to no more than 4 oz per meal, eat breakfast - and make it big, no late snacking...if it must happen - make it fruit.., no "normal day" sweets, no processed carbs...so forth and so on...., lots of vegetables...eat as clean as possible...etc...