Ack!! It's Wednesday! ( How about a little challenge?)

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Sorry challenge ladies! The holiday threw me off! I want to congratulate Deanna :flowerforyou: as she was the only one who checked in! This week there isn't going to be a physical challenge but I want to take this opportunity to ask you all what your June goal is.

Here's the challenge and this time it isn't physical (at first!).

First -- tell the group what your June goal is.
Second -- Commit to one healthy thing you can do EVERYDAY in June. -- One of my facebook friends ran every day in May for example. She posted daily when she arrived at the park for her run or after her run at some point during the day. Sometimes she even included a pic.

I know it is hard to commit to do something every single day but I believe that part of this process is making a commitment to be healthy and trusting that you can do it. It's one month.. 30days so even if it seems "extreme" to do something everyday keep in mind it is only 30days ladies! Many of us are struggling with a plateau or motivation on some level so this challenge can be thought of as a kickstart or if you've been going strong an extra way to challenge yourself.

You can make your challenge anything you want. From something simple to something serious. Be specific. Don't say something vague like "I commit to make healthy choices" what in the world does that mean really -- get specific.

If you are having trouble coming up with something here are a few examples: :happy:

Run every day
Dance every day
Walk a half hour every day
Drink 10 cups of water every day
Squats Challenge
Stay under calories every day

You can make things even more interesting by making a total goal. Walk everyday and by the end of the month I want so many steps or so many miles. Etc. BE CREATIVE!

We will continue with weekly challenges but I thought it would be nice to have a bigger goal in mind during bathing suit season! :smile:

Replies

• roundtherink
    Options
    My June goal is to get back on track. I've gotten a bit lazy, unmotivated, etc. I had 3 trips in April, and its been a struggle to get back to where I was before that.
    My goal is to exercise every day, lose the weight I gained, and continue to lose. I was just starting to get to where I could shop in a regular store for a size 14, and now I'm definitely in my 16's. I want that back- plus some!!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hidey-ho neighborinos!

Its a new user name, but same old me!

June is also get it in gear month for me! It will be my one year fitness pal anniversary...and by the end of june, my goal was to be under 300 pounds. That means 10 pounds to lose, and I am not sure if that is do-able for me, but I am gonna give it a hell of a try!

Something I can do every day, and not what I am doing now?

I will walk around the building at work on my break. It may only be 10 minutes a day, but coupled with sticking to my calorie goals, I think it will make a difference!

We got this ladies!
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - been really off this week - had a great weekend but too much activity, fibro flared, and allergy head cold thing on top. I have some changes coming up in June is that I have to start using a CPAP machine in the 4th. Something I should have done years ago, but hoping to see a difference once I get on it. So my June commitment is to use the machine nightly and My June Goal is to be under my sodium goals 6 out of 7 days. I have been getting to relaxed on that and can notice the difference with water retention.

Good Luck everyone and look forward to more challenges.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've really been giving some thought about what I want to try and accomplish this beautiful month of June! I have decided that I want to lose 10 pounds this month and I commit daily to 30 minutes of intentional exercise! This is going to be great ladies! Anyone else who wants to join in on the June Commit to be Fit challenge, come on! :smile: