Training - week of 5/26 - 6/1

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Well, I figured we can have a weekly thread to post mileage, training struggles or accomplishments, and any random chit-chat. :)

I "officially" started my distance training yesterday - did my easy 3 mile run that actually ended up being 3.39 miles. I let my guy pick where we ran to and he found that the Plaza Azteca restaurant was "about 1.5 miles away" so I was like OK let's head that way. It ended up being a bit further than that, and of course it was very hilly, and about half of it was run in the grass cuz there wasn't a sidewalk -_- lol. My calves were on fire! But it was a good run. Completed it in 43:53 and only had to stop a few times to catch my breath (exercise induced asthma).

The plus side? We got some fresh made guac to go with dinner :) om nom nom

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sounds a good day.

I managed to run 5 mins on the treadmill yesterday at 8km plus did a few intervals. Up my weight training to 3 reps of 12 from 2. Wont be upping the reps any more just the weights from now on.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Wow Fi - you are doing great! I didn't do anything yesterday, it wasn't a run day anyway but I was so tired I didn't even go for a walk lol..no Insanity either. I went to bed early :)

Today is Max Interval Circuit, and a 3miler though and I'm ready! Well..I say that now (it's just 9:07 am). Hopefully my focus doesn't dwindle during the day!
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Today is a Stronglifts day, only do this 2 or 3 times a week and already noticing a massive differece in strength.

Tomorrow will be a 8k run.

Keep up the good training peeps!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Awesome Elegra! I bet that would make a huge improvement in strength :)

Today isn't a scheduled running day but I'm gonna get one in anyway. Distance is yet to be determined. I'm thinking between 3-5 miles as 3 miles is already easy for me. Last time I did 5 though the outside of my hips got real sore the next day, but I'm feeling good so we will test the waters :D
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Got my 3 miles done, and it's so hot and humid outside. Ugh! I had to keeps topping to walk so I didn't fall out from an asthma attack, the humidity really got to me. I've never run in the heat so I was hoping I'd be fine. I know really cold air does that to me, but oh well. I still had a great average pace considering how often I had to stop and walk. Got done in 41:05, avg pace of about 13:38.

Now I'm gonna head off to the pool and soak up some more sun and do some swimming :)