Progress and Motivation

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Share here any progress in getting through workouts, weight loss, inches lost, and/or progress photos if you'd like! Let's keep each other motivated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BeTheBestMe76
    Options
    I started Les Mills Combat 15 days ago. I get up at 5 AM on workout days (yes, even on weekends) to do my workouts. This ensures that I don't ever miss a workout due to the millions of things that can get in way on any given day. After the 1st 3 days I did a quick weight check just to see if I was off to a good start with the workouts and my 1200 calorie eating plan (didn't want to get too far in only to discover that I'm not losing anything). I was delighted to see that I had already lost 4 pounds! Whether it was all fat or mostly water is debatable, but it was nonetheless encouraging to see the scale going in the right direction. I made the decision before I started to take official weight and measurements on Days 1, 30 and 60. That way I'm not driving myself nuts weighing myself every day. So my next official weigh in will be in 15 days. I can't wait to see how much I've lost! My husband and kids say that they are already beginning to see a difference just two weeks in, so I'm really excited and motivated.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I started Les Mills Combat 15 days ago. I get up at 5 AM on workout days (yes, even on weekends) to do my workouts. This ensures that I don't ever miss a workout due to the millions of things that can get in way on any given day. After the 1st 3 days I did a quick weight check just to see if I was off to a good start with the workouts and my 1200 calorie eating plan (didn't want to get too far in only to discover that I'm not losing anything). I was delighted to see that I had already lost 4 pounds! Whether it was all fat or mostly water is debatable, but it was nonetheless encouraging to see the scale going in the right direction. I made the decision before I started to take official weight and measurements on Days 1, 30 and 60. That way I'm not driving myself nuts weighing myself every day. So my next official weigh in will be in 15 days. I can't wait to see how much I've lost! My husband and kids say that they are already beginning to see a difference just two weeks in, so I'm really excited and motivated.

That is SO fantastic!! What a way to keep yourself pumped. Especially if the fam is seeing a difference already in you. I can't wait to see what your weigh-in says too. :D WOOOTT!! :drinker:
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I just started it this week. Today is my rest day technically but I think I'll hop on the Elliptical tonight for a lil while but after the first 3 workouts...Man am I sore!!! Sticking with it though and hoping that my scale starts moving in the direction that I want it to! Keep it up. Great job! Exciting!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I just started it this week. Today is my rest day technically but I think I'll hop on the Elliptical tonight for a lil while but after the first 3 workouts...Man am I sore!!! Sticking with it though and hoping that my scale starts moving in the direction that I want it to! Keep it up. Great job! Exciting!
    For me staying active helps keep my muscles from getting to sore! Enjoy your rest evening!
  • BeTheBestMe76
    Options

I know what you mean (re:sore). I'm about three weeks in and I'm still sore DAILY in one place or another...but it feels good because I know my body is recovering and changing as a result of some hard-core workouts! Like you I did other exercises on my rest days and inadvertently worked out 7 days straight! On the 8th day I actually didn't feel well and kind of slummed around the entire day, but by the day after that I was back to the program, but I still not feeling like myself...kind of exhausted and burnt out. I don't give advice much, but I would suggest exercising caution on doing too much on your off days. I know that everyone is different and some people do workout 6-7 days a week with no trouble, but I'm definitely not one of those people :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You guys are definitely keeping me motivated!! I just know the results are going to be great for y'all :)