Daily Check in!

Options
2»

Replies

• karach2005
    karach2005 Posts: 7
    Options
    Day 2--HIIT Power. Buckets of sweat. Hate burpees. But overall good. Also added in Inner Warrior. Still working hard for a "stretching" dvd.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Combat 45/Power Kata is my FAVORITE because of the inclusion of capoeria and Muay Thai moves. The HIIT ones weren't my favorite, but I looked to them as challenges. I am no expert in fitness, but I do think that they are really key to success with this program.

So on Monday, it being Memorial Day I knew I needed to expend a lot of calories due to the cookout I was going to later that afternoon. I started off with Muay Thai XT from Tapout XT, and the for some reason I thought I didn't workout enough and so I just put in Combat 30. Let me tell you--not the best decision. I was dying at the end! Combat 30 is no joke.

I feel that way sometimes when I do doubles! I struggle sometimes to get through the second workout, but I do it and stay on track!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Day 3 = Done!! Combat 45 was AWESOME!! I'm shocked that I feel that way. I loved doing the DVD and it just flew by! I was kinda mad that I forgot my HRM to accurately measure but I used the input on here. I'm going to take it down and leave it next to the DVD player so I dont forget again. Tomorrow is my day off and then I've got Plyo over the weekend along with Combat 30 again! Woo Hoo!! WINNING!! :)
    That is where I keep my Heart Rate Monitor, is down stairs where I workout!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Last night was my rest night, but do you think I rested, heck no! I got in the pool and swam for 30 minutes and then went for a 30 minute power walk! Back at it tonight with Power Kata 45, hopefully another swim and walk also!
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    Although I am planning to stick to the 6 day schedule, my week going from Tuesday to Sunday, with Monday being my rest day, I decided to run though Combat30 this evening. With my TKD and Kung Fu background I was able to keep up. I don't have a TV in my basement so I'm using a portable player to play the videos, and the ratio is difficult to see. About twice I had to rewind a segment to see the combos, but overall it was very enjoyable. I got about a 500 calorie burn and I didn't go %100 all out, not knowing what they were going to add to the combo's. I still plan on officially using Tues. as my start date but will preview the other classes for the week so I can jump in without not knowing what to expect. I'm an anxious to see the calorie burn after I know the sequences!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Although I am planning to stick to the 6 day schedule, my week going from Tuesday to Sunday, with Monday being my rest day, I decided to run though Combat30 this evening. With my TKD and Kung Fu background I was able to keep up. I don't have a TV in my basement so I'm using a portable player to play the videos, and the ratio is difficult to see. About twice I had to rewind a segment to see the combos, but overall it was very enjoyable. I got about a 500 calorie burn and I didn't go %100 all out, not knowing what they were going to add to the combo's. I still plan on officially using Tues. as my start date but will preview the other classes for the week so I can jump in without not knowing what to expect. I'm an anxious to see the calorie burn after I know the sequences!

I'm sure you'll be able to ramp it up when you know the moves enough to execute with all you have :)
  • amshumaker88
    amshumaker88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed. I did the Shock Plyo HIIT. I honestly dread doing this one....it was the workout that helped me fall off in week 5 or 6 when everyone in my family started to get ill. My burn wasn't as good as what it should have been. I felt a little weak while doing it - I think it may have to do with the heat today. I will make sure next week to get it in early in the day so I can get my optimal burn, as I know for a fact I usually burn more with this one.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Day 5 completed. I did the Shock Plyo HIIT. I honestly dread doing this one....it was the workout that helped me fall off in week 5 or 6 when everyone in my family started to get ill. My burn wasn't as good as what it should have been. I felt a little weak while doing it - I think it may have to do with the heat today. I will make sure next week to get it in early in the day so I can get my optimal burn, as I know for a fact I usually burn more with this one.

Just do your best...you can do it! Each week my burn is different....and it changes as I lose weight also...I did't like Plyo when I started, but it gets easier, trust me..Practice makes perfect.
  • amshumaker88
    Options
    Thank you! I know, I have done the plyo about 6 times before, but usually my calorie burns seem to be within a few calories of themselves. Normally with Shock plyo I would have been around 325, so I know I was off last night. All I was saying was that I know I can do better and I will :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Thank you! I know, I have done the plyo about 6 times before, but usually my calorie burns seem to be within a few calories of themselves. Normally with Shock plyo I would have been around 325, so I know I was off last night. All I was saying was that I know I can do better and I will :)
    We all have off days and it is ok! You will hit it harder next time I bet on it!
  • karach2005
    Options
    day 3--combat 45 Love it!
  • karach2005
    Options
    day 4--rest day; but did Yoga X from p90x. Could feel that my legs are getting stronger from all the LMC legs stuff, especially that deceptively difficult inner warrior dvd.
  • amshumaker88
    Options
    Day 7 - my rest day! I spent the day just enjoying it. Tomorrow starts week 2 of LMC! I am determined to get past week 6 this time! Oh and I weighed in this morning and I lost .6 of a pound this past week. I also took some unofficial measurements - and I can see that I have lost .25-.5 here and there. Can't wait for my 30 day results!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I did Combat 60 on Saturday, Sunday was my rest day (unless you count all of the sidelines cheering/yelling I did at my son's soccer game), and this morning I did HIIT Power. I felt really great during my workouts on Saturday and this morning!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Day 7 - my rest day! I spent the day just enjoying it. Tomorrow starts week 2 of LMC! I am determined to get past week 6 this time! Oh and I weighed in this morning and I lost .6 of a pound this past week. I also took some unofficial measurements - and I can see that I have lost .25-.5 here and there. Can't wait for my 30 day results!

Awesome job! I just started week 5 myself! So will be doing 30 day pictures probably this week.
  • breakawaygurl
    breakawaygurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all! :smile:

I've just joined this group and I've finished Day 1. :happy: So far, I like this workout. I've just finished with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 2 weeks ago so this is like a whole new program for me.
  • amshumaker88
    Options
    Today was day 8. I did Combat 30 KS, and then went for a 40 minute walk. I got all of that in early tonight and am happy I did!

Welcome breakawaygurl!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Hello all! :smile:

I've just joined this group and I've finished Day 1. :happy: So far, I like this workout. I've just finished with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 2 weeks ago so this is like a whole new program for me.

Welcome to the group! Keep us posted on your progress.