9 sessions in, and I'm seeing results, I think!

Options
amyaroja
amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
I know, I know, I'm impatient! But I'm only 9 sessions in, and I think I see some muscles under the flab in my arms! And I know I've lost a couple pounds! Yippee!

I weigh 158 and wear a size 10. I don't have a lot to lose, but would like to be a solid size 8 when I'm done. Maybe smaller.

I'm stressing, though, about calories. I know, I shouldn't, but weightlifting is new to me, as is the whole idea of "eat more to lose."

I used the fancy spreadsheet, and my TDEE is 1900. My goal on MFP is set to 1600. If I go a little over, I don't sweat it. If I do extra cardio, I'll eat back the calories.

Bottom line, though, is that it's working, so I shouldn't change a thing. My clothes are definitely fitting better!

You guys are awesome here, by the way!

Anyone not sure if Strong Lifts works? I say it does! And I just started! :)

Replies

• fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great NSVs! I love seeing those muscles! Keep up the great work!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Well done and loving that you love it!
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh, SO happy for you! As you've found out, it definitely DOES work.
    Doing Happy Dance for you!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!

It definitely does work and I'm super happy that you are seeing results quickly! This whole recomp thing can be a very time consuming process so these NSV's along the way make the journey that much better!

As for calories, don't sweat it! You are super close to your goal so a 10% cut would probably even be sufficient. As you move along and your weights are getting heavier you might find that you need to eat a bit more to keep progressing. With that being said, if what you are doing is working (which it is!) and you feel great then don't change a thing!