I can't believe I finished.

Options
Veslus
Veslus Posts: 72 Member
After getting thrown off for a week by getting a new puppy and moving into a new apartment, I've finished the C25K program.

I'm so proud of myself for seeing it through, for being able to do it. If a year ago at this time someone had come into my hospital room while I was getting chemo and told me, "Hey, just get through this and in a year from now you'll be a runner" I would have thought they were insane. But it's true. And I couldn't be happier.

Now to build up my speed and then move on to the 10K program.

Replies

• southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you have a lot to be proud of and great things ahead of you!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome. Nicely done. You sure can overcome a challenge (or two or twenty). Inspiring!

p.s. - good luck in all the follow up tests! I know those first five years can be quite angst-y. Awesome for you that one is down!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's such an incredible blessing to be able to be a runner.

Do you have a race planned?
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)

Vardaeml -- I have a color run planned, but not until October.

Jessie -- Thanks! The follow up tests can be pretty nerve wracking, but for the most part I should be in the clear. They removed the offending bone that caused all of the issues in the first place, so chances of it popping back up are pretty low.
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of yourself for! I hope to be saying the same thing about C25K in a couple weeks too, thanks for being such an inspiration!!! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My best advice to you right now is to find a training plan.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good for you!