Preparing for Gastric Bypass need advice

Options
Osaponi1
Osaponi1 Posts: 2 Member
I do not have a scheduled day for surgery but I hope at the end of the June or 1st of July. I need to lose a few pounds but my weight goes up and down. I need to have 70-80 grams of protein/day and 30-120 grams of CHO/day too. Any advice on food and recipes.:smile:

Replies

• cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    I use theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for alot of my recipes. I still do 2 shakes a day. One is normally protein shake in the morning, then a fruit smoothie at night that I add unflavored protein too. For the smoothie, I use frozen fruit, greek plain yogurt and a scoop of protein powder. I also add a little water just to help it to blend. Its refreshing, protein packed and healthy.
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi, I'm preparing for WLS too and just completed the required pre-op weight loss. Basically I just mainly ate a lot of Lean Cuisine, greek yogurt and protein shakes and entered all my food on MFP. I hadn't seen theworldaccordingtoeggface.com website before so checked it out and think it's pretty great inspiration. Thank you for that cakelady :)
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bariatricfoodie is another good one to check out.

Everyone's pre-op diet is different depending on your surgeon, so I would suggest grabbing some suggestions from him or his nutritionist.

For me, I simply had to do a 2 week liquid pre-op diet, so I basically just had low calorie/carb protein shakes, sugar free jello, and the occasional chicken broth. It wasn't fun, but I knew I was doing it for a good reason (to shrink my liver), so it wasn't too difficult for me to stick to.

Good luck!!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and Muscle Milk are my go-to protein sources. I keep some of each both at home and at work. Best wishes to you and sue100194,