Plateau

Options
milosmom1979
milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
Hello, Friends!!

Just wondering what some of you have done to get over the hump... I seem to have hit the dreaded plateau... what to do? Ideas??

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear that you are stuck. Have you been stuck for at least a couple of weeks while following Atkins to the letter? When I've plateaued I would add more leafy greens (lots of them) or upped my carbs really high for a couple of days. If that didn't work, I did a Fat Fast for three days, which seemed to do the trick every time, however, as you know, it is extremely restrictive.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since your last loss? If its only been a couple of days then I shouldn't worry just yet. If it's been well over a week maybe take a look at what you're eating - try cutting out the sodas and atkins bars - some people's bodies can't tolerate them as good as others can :-))
  • milosmom1979
    Options
    Well, I'm eating little to no carbs for the last couple of days... usually under 10 or so... the problem is, i would love to eat more veggies and stuff like that, but the only ones I Like are broccoli and zucchini... I'm steadily gaining about a 1/2 lb or so a day. My last Loss was 3 or 4 Days ago... I'm finding i'm having more loss with eating beef rather than Chicken, turkey or beef... I actually like the Atkins bars... They are a life saver when i'm on the go... running around and what not. I'm just aggravated about this... but the green leafy greens is a good idea... Ill try to get some lettuce in there over the next couple of days..
  • milosmom1979
    Options
    um, something else has been happening that is also, i think, hindering my weight loss... I seem to be having trouble, um with #2's!! (sorry, that's the most delicate way i can put no poop) Any advice on how this can be resolved? I was used to going all the time from whatever is in the Atkins bars, but now my body seems to be used to whatever ingredient is used in them!!! Has anyone else experienced this???
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I think your carbs are too low. You should have at least 20g carbs in the form of veggies as Atkins states. Some people like to go lower in carbs to lose faster, but in the end it will only slow you down, so getting it right the first time is key! If you were consuming more leafy greens it would definitely provide more fiber, hence addressing #2, however, i take psyllium husk powder (there is also pills) to help move things along. I'm not a huge fan of veggies, so i either juice/blend them, or doctor them up, a lot, when I cook them because I know that it will do my body good.
    Hang in there.
  • milosmom1979
    Options
    Thanks girls!!!

The leafy greens worked!!! on Both counts!!!