NSV Walk

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
So as many of you know, I am a teacher. Every year, my school does a walk/race for the students sometime in May/June. The students can choose to run or walk a short one mile or the longer 5K course. I have NEVER, not in the five years I have been a teacher here participated in either event, but instead have chosen to stay back a supervise those students who are not participating.

This year, since exercise is a part of my daily life, I decided to try the long walk. I'm still not fast, and I still have a long way to go, but I managed to come in just under 60 minutes on my attempt! I was thrilled! To think that just a year ago, I would not have even tried knowing that I would not have been able to make it before the end of the school day, much less over all of the hills and valleys in the course. It was even 90 degrees here and I still managed. Now to sign up for an actual 5K race.

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What an awesome accomplishment!!! You should be extremely proud of how well you are doing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Boy, you would do anything to get away from all those students, wouldn't you.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling to go from the sidelines to the middle of the action! Congratulations!
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    fantastic!!!!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on putting yourself out there, taking on the challenge for yourself. In the process you also were a positive role model to your students.