Healthy take out food?

Options
kathneal67
kathneal67 Posts: 35 Member
Hi

There is just going to be me and my daughter at home on friday and I want to get takeouts for tea. But don't know what is the best to get? Was thinking of MCD;s WW burgers. But wondered if there is anything else? Pizza, Rice, etc

Cheers

Replies

• eleauanae
    Options
    How about subway?
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sushi, iskender from a turkish place, Thai can be pretty healthy if it's not soaking in sauce (just watch salt), Subway,or pita pit if you have that near you, we don't :(

Cute profile pic btw
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sushi is usually a good option.
  • Sneeze1970
    Sneeze1970 Posts: 18
    Options
    We tend to go for Noodle Canteen and share one between hubby and me. Or we get two different ones to mix up the flavours a bit and have leftovers for lunch the next day. http://www.noodlecanteen.co.nz/nutritional-information
  • Lylie1985
    Lylie1985 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Agree with sushi but another idea is KFC Twister Pepper Mayo - 525 calories, Supercharged Twister - 488 calories. Depends if this would fill you up which it was enough for me for tea and I could have a healthy snack at home later
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    About 250 Calories in a McDonald cheese burger around the same for small fries.
    Veggie delite from Subway would be the lowest in Calories I can think of.
  • Dayniie
    Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Below is a full breakdown of each item for Subway (bread meat veges sauces etc)
    It's really handy.

http://www.subway.co.nz/menunutrition-1/nutrition-information-guides
  • tessas2013
    tessas2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    Pita pit or subway are great for being able to customise your order so you can take out the less healthy things or add lite sauces etc.
    I looooove Pita pit for a treat, loving that the ingredients are all fresh
    mmm =)
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    subway and pita pit also do salads :)

Sushi is a great option.
  • rschuurman
    rschuurman Posts: 32
    Options
    I just work out what I want and how much I can have. If we want to get pizza, I look on the website (e.g. Dominos and Pizza Hut have the calorie break-down of each pizza) and work out how many slices I can eat. Or McDonalds I compare burgers and generally either get a side salad, or just burger with a Coke Zero or something. The fries are an absolute killer and virtually no nutritional value but I find a burger can do me as a meal :) I also used Subway site to add up the calories for my favourite Subway sub so I know how much I am eating if I order the same thing. I kept a little list in my wallet with different takeaway calorie options. Even Indian if you save yourself enough calories can be not so bad. One time I managed to fit it into my day by just having a Saagwalla curry (spinach sauce) with half a naan and water. So definitely best options would be sushi, Subway, McDonalds salad etc but every now and then it doesn't hurt to work in something yummy and it feels amazing when you know you've earned it that day by working out more or just having less of it than you used to.
  • aneatah
    aneatah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually get a subway salad, load it with vegies - just note that they charge you $2 extra to have a salad rather than bread and all you get extra is additional lettuce really. I can then decide if I can do cheese or not, dressings or not. McDonalds salads are really boring at least subway lets you have more veg options.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When going for pizza, get a thin crust!
    It saves heaps in calories and you can still enjoy your pizza, I also decide before I order how many slices I will eat and when it arrives I put the rest straight into the fridge for the next day!

Burger fuel is also a great option, a bit more expensive but way healthier then Macca's, though their burgers are way bigger and will definitly fill you up so you dont want to eat any sides with it, I love them!
  • nzhalo
    nzhalo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Burgerfuel have a bun-free option now called Oxygen Burger. You can order any burger without the bun and dressing (though I think you need to say you don't want dressing as mine arrived with it). I ordered a chicken burger from the lite section, no idea what the energy component was but think it was ok.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    All takeouts are high in calories.......just have an enjoyable night and don't worry too much. If it becomes a habit then its a problem. Maybe do some extra exercise to compensate for the extra calories eaten. One day is not going to do too much harm....worrying about it will.
  • 19jam85
    19jam85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do your research!

Most takeaways are now displaying the nutritional information on their websites, so maybe look at what you would love and then go from there.
    Chips are always high in calories.

I love Wendys small chilli, with a side salad :)
    Its not at all spicy and they usually include the chilli sauce if you want to add it to your chilli. Its full of beans, mince, capscium, onions etc.

Fills you up!