Introduce yourself

Options
AnJulNZ
AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
Hi I'm AJ. I'm 38 and overweight (obese actually according to my bmi). I started on MFP at the end of March 2013 and discovered Jillian Michaels. I started with the 30 day shred and saw great results, both on the scale and in the mirror. I have just finished Ripped in 30, less obvious results but a big improvement in strength and stamina. I've been looking for a new workout and thought I'd give this one a try.

Replies

• anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm Anna, 22 and a struggling PhD student. 30 day shred got great results for me, but I got really ill after week 2 of ripped in 30 so don't think I'm going to have time to finish it. What's the start date for this challenge? (I am still sick haha)
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    I'm starting today, but I won't have it finished in 30 days, I need more rest days than what's on offer here! Hope you feel better soon!!
  • ahult87
    ahult87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am Amanda and I am 25 years old. A bout of terrible food poisoning in November and an IBS diagnosis propelled me to become much more aware of things I should and shouldn't be putting in my body. I have done a complete 360 of what types of foods I will allow myself to eat, which makes me proud, but I have also dedicated myself to completing the 30 Day Shred and I am just about done with Ripped in 30. I lost several inches with 30DS and with RI30 I have lost more inches and 5 pounds. I started 30DS at 140 and am now 135. My pants are baggy and my bra is a little big :) All of these are things that I never thought I would be able to do, see, or feel. My goal is to be a fit 125 and I'm looking forward to a new challenge!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 47 and have been gaining and losing the same few pounds for nearly a year. I've just signed up for a 5k race and am doing couch 25k but am going on holiday in a month and am getting desperate so I'd love to join you. I'm 5ft7 and weigh 149 pounds. Going to start tomorrow- Monday. I'm in Scotland byt the way so may be in a different time zone.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I am 26 years old and mom of a 16 month old. Been overweight my entire adult life. I have already done 30DS then started Ripped in 30 but stopped after the second week. I wasn't able to do one move and it kinda bugged me and I ended up stopping. I was planning on jumping back into 30DS and already done 1 day. But this sounds like it would be good to do. Excited to see the results! I had some good results with 30DS alone.

Oh I am 5'2" and currently 222 lbs. :)
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    I live in New Zealand, where it is presently just after lunch on Monday.

I have two children, the youngest is eight so I really need to stop blaming pregnancy weight :blushing: I had post-natal depression for five years - the meds for that didn't help with my weight at all! But ... at the end of the day, that's an excuse like any other, and I'm big on no excuses lately!

My other big excuse was always "not enough time". But over the last two months I have made a point of carving out time for me, so that excuse got blown out of the water too :laugh:
  • bethc2
    bethc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Beth and I am going to begin Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slim Down June 2013 a couple of days late. Late is better than never though I guess. I just saw the group and watched the video on Utube and decided to give it a try. Good luck to everyone!:smile:
  • debblest
    debblest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Deb and just came across this group in the last 6 months I have put on 6kgs or 13.2 pounds so time to get serious again I have done 30 day shred previously but do get bored doing same thing day after day so thought this looked good.
    To make it easier I'm going to start at day 3 to coincide with day of the month (yes people tell me I should be blonde) :laugh: so will start tonight and report back later.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite AJ. I am going to attempt to start this today, beginning with Day 1 - so if I can stay on track I should finish in July.

I am 41, 5'5", and still very obese despite losing 66kg.

Good luck to all. :flowerforyou:

PS. my ticker is 'broken'.
  • lofeisgood
    lofeisgood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in a good shape but would like to become better! want to lose 10 lb.even 5 will do it!!!
  • jelloso
    jelloso Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jay and I want to destroy fat. I was formerly active but now, I'm so unfit. I want to get back into shape.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hello,
    my name is Arwa. and i was planning on starting 30 days shred today but perheps i will try out the schdule given here. and i would prefer if i dont take any breaks. yay i am excited!

5"3 (160cm)
    79.4 kg

i will measure myself later today.
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This sounds great for me. I've tried straight 30 day shred a few times but get bored with the repetition although I love the work out. I'm going on holiday in just under 30 days so this can be my pre-holiday workout plan. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Rebecca, I'm 21 and I live in the UK! Currently at uni but on placement so work 9-5 so Jillians workouts are perfect for me as they are only 25 minutes long!

I have tried 30 day shred loads and I finally completed it, I saw great results! only lost about 5lbs but lost 13 inches all over :-) I love NMTZ but not a fan of BFBM because its so intense but it'll blast fat off :-)

I also love how this plan has rest days as I never have one unless I need to, I am too scared that if I don't exercise 1 day then I'll take lots of days off and won't get back to it.

I'm excited for results - good luck everyone :-D

Feel free to add :-)
  • torrefalkner
    torrefalkner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On day 2 of 30 Day Shred, today was better, maybe 80%. I have lots of physical issues (frozen shoulder, 2 kidney transplants) but more significantly lots of excuses. I am trying to complete all parts of the workout without missing one rep of anything. Trying again tomorrow!
  • chabriabr
    chabriabr Posts: 2
    Options
    I am Chabria..... a Zumba instructor looking to tone! I have actually purchased the 30 shred BUT i have yet to use it.... do it really work????
  • ahult87
    ahult87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am Chabria..... a Zumba instructor looking to tone! I have actually purchased the 30 shred BUT i have yet to use it.... do it really work????

Like anything, it CAN work if you stick to it and watch what you eat.
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This group is great!

I'm 27 years old (Why did I just have to stop and think about that, haha) and have been overweight for about 7 years now... the pounds just kept adding on and nothing would stop them. (because of bad food choices and no exercise). I'm ready to take my life back after several health scares and get this going. I think this is a great way to jumpstart.

Ready to make this happen, and this challenge sounds fun! Quick question, sorry if this has been addressed before... I don't have any of the items that keep track of my calories burned while doing these workouts. The only thing I found on the MFP site about how to calculate would be this formula:

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

How does everyone else do it?
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    I just enter it into the MFP exercise log as circuit training general. I've done your calculation below and compared it with what MFP says and for 25 minutes at my exact weight there was 30 calories difference (MFP was higher). Close enough for me!
  • lharper01
    lharper01 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi, all! Just saw this challenge, is it too late to join in? I am 29, and 199. I lost a few pounds doing 30DS in April, then took most the month of May off because of vacation. Ready to get back into a routine. :-)