protien power ripoff!!!!=(

Options
Went to GNC for the first time in say a few years . I used to always get my powders and supps there . But after today and the rip off my *kitten* got never again . I paid $27.89 for a small *kitten* bag of whey that taste like who did it and ran. been giving me gas all day i mean eye tearing leave the room farts and tomorrow I have a 4 hour ride to DC on the express bus. This is going to suck *kitten* even more. people just to forwarn you get your supps and protiens on line it's cheaper and you get more for your dollar . I found a place called Protien factory They are awsome you can build your own mixtures and combos of MRE, Nighttime , Lean Muscle Gain ,Fat loss etc etc there are 100's of combo's they will guide you through in making the best mixture you can get to suit your needs Please stop wasting your hard earned cash at these non caring chain stores and research before you buy . that's what the internets all about having more choices and a better quality of life.oh they also have a wide choice of protiens from around the world and sale by the pound. so enjoy and get to saving!!!!!!

Replies

• grapegorilla13
    grapegorilla13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah some of them are hard on the stomach :) I've found the Precision brand "BigTime" and Progressive brand Harmonized Protein are good tasting and easy to digest. No side effects :)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    You made the mistake of going to GNC in the first place...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    you can build your own mixtures and combos of MRE, Nighttime , Lean Muscle Gain ,Fat loss etc etc

what's the best lean muscle protein?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    What?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

what's the best lean muscle protein?

I suppose the kind that lets you hit your macros.
    Protein powder isn't really going to affect rather you gain muscle or not.
    training and diet dictate most of that. powder is a SUPPLEMENT to your diet.
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If I buy powders I go with version that have been tested, Giant makes a pretty good one. I have also heard good things about True Protein.

Powders are for convenience but should not be used extensively in the place of real food, but I understand the desire for a nice tasting shake now and then.

Oh yah stay away from GNC, high priced garbage for the most part.
  • amwindley
    Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for a good tasting lean protein powder that is low in carbs/calories? Im using Syntha-6 right now for a breakfast smoothie and post workout shakes. It tastes really good and only has 14g carbs/ scoop. But it has 200 calories. It'd be nice to find one around 100 calories/scoop (but has to taste decent, I hate the taste of protein!) bc I use it atleast twice a day. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    You made the mistake of going to GNC in the first place...

Agreed. I love ON protein and it's an extra $25 (at GNC). I stalked outta there and ordered online. I never need anything so soon that I'd pay the extra money.
  • lockdown7269
    lockdown7269 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for a good tasting lean protein powder that is low in carbs/calories? Im using Syntha-6 right now for a breakfast smoothie and post workout shakes. It tastes really good and only has 14g carbs/ scoop. But it has 200 calories. It'd be nice to find one around 100 calories/scoop (but has to taste decent, I hate the taste of protein!) bc I use it atleast twice a day. Any suggestions? Thanks!

try here. just ordered my first 2 pounds hoping it tastes ok.
    www.proteinfactory.com
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options

Yes, ON 100% whey gold standard.
    24g protein
    3g carbs
    1g sugars

That is per 32g scoop.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I hope GNC dies like Circuit City. Another big box store with ridiculously upmarked products and staff who aren't well informed or trained at all.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    ON Whey

Amazon