Week 11 Challenge - Squat it like it's hot!!

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
Okay, I agree with everyone that this board seems to be dying out....we all need to try and revive it as much as possible!!! I thought that I'd start a challenge (though it's a bit disheartening when you try to start one and then you realise that you're the only one doing it/posting!!)

So our week 11 challenge is 'Squat it like it's hot' (saw this name on a facebook workout page and thought that it was so much better than just leaving the name as plain squats) - Your goal if you choose to accept is to do 350 squats for the entire week (average of 50 squats per day).

Select however you want to squat - normal squats, use of weights, squats with pulses etc. and let's get this started!!

Report back every day or whenever you're able to and let us all know where you're at with your squats. Can't wait to see your replies!!!

Replies

• sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a fun challenge. I'm totally in! Thanks for posting this!
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I seriously need to get my work out mojo back!
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Im in, and already almost done. I am doing a june squat challenge, push up and sit up challenge. 100 per day!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this. I will add the 350 to the 700 I already have to do for the week.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Oh my, lol I am a bit late to read this thread but I will do my best to get to 350. :) Will update once I get done my 50 for today.
  • sharnut751
    Options
    Did my 50 for today! I did 40 regular old squats (2 sets of 20) and then a set of ten pulse squats. Feeling good!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Did my 50 as well....unassisted but thinking that I'll do 50 Squat and press with hand weights tomorrow.

Glad to see so many of you joining in and getting your squats on!!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I didn't see this until now though, so more for me tomorrow I guess :)
  • sharnut751
    Options
    Got my day 2 squats in after my run this morning and after my burpee challenge (7 today). Woohoo!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    350 - 20 = 330 left...
  • cedebrooks
    cedebrooks Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I of course just saw this on Tuesday, but I'll just do a bunch for the rest of the week :P
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm doing the squat challenge, started on the 1st. Did 60 yesterday.
  • adancer59
    Options
    I've done 50 squats so far!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    40 done today

total 100
    left 250
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Monday - 50
    Tuesday - 25
    Wednesday - 130 (thanks to the squats track in Pump class today :))

So all in all 205 done so far.
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just saw this but I'm in....good way to get back on track and push myself!
  • sharnut751
    Options
    Got my 50 in for today. I'm really enjoying this challenge. It may lead me to seek out a 30 day squat chalkenge!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 50
    Wednesday - 100

Total - 150
    Left - 200
  • sharnut751
    Options
    I'm back again to check in. Did my squats and burpee challenge after my run today. So far I've done 200 squats. Yeehaw!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Monday - 50
    Tuesday - 25
    Wednesday - 130
    Thursday - 50

Hey guys, as we come closer to the end of the week are there any exercise/food challenges you'd like to do next week?