low carb and exercise

Options
Shari325
Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
My question is for those that are maintaining their blood sugar by eating low carb.
I am currently eating 75g or less each day. This has brought my day time numbers to an almost normal range. However, my fasting is still too high. I am physically unable to do much exercise at this time. So, I am not eating back what few calories I am able to burn.
My question: When I am exercising more and burning calories I plan to eat part of them back. Do I increase my carbs in those calories, or leave them at 75g a day?

Thanks

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is to eat to your meter. When you start exercising more, watch what happens as you increase your carbs. Some people can handle an increase on days they exercise, others can't. Just be prepared the first few days (maybe a week?) for your numbers to go up a bit while your body adapts to the idea of more exercise, or the new types of exercise.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I leave mine at pretty much the same level. However, as kcaffee1 stated, that's because my meter has told me that is a wise idea. I'm looking for solid consistency in my readings and a consistent carb level along with exercise is the best way for ME to achieve that.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I definitely stay at the same carb level, but I may increase fats and to a much lesser extent protein. That is what my meter tells me.