Day 2: Max Interval Plyo
Day 3: Max Cardio ConditioningDay 4: Max Recovery
Day 5: Max Interval Circuit
Day 6: Max Interval Plyo
Day 7: Off

Replies

• JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Check out this week's video from Shaun T.
    http://youtu.be/pzyWf_GxHaA

Are we REALLY in Max workouts??!!! What! I am looking forward to it comming soon here this afternoon. How did you all feel with recovery week? Rested, ready, and rejuvenated????
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Switch Kicks 58 66 78
    Power Jacks 30 33 38
    Power Knees 63 69 74
    Power Jumps 18 19 26
    Globe Jumps 7 7 9
    Suicide Jumps 10 9 13
    Push-Up Jacks 6 10 16
    Low Plank Oblique 19 30 39

felt SO much stronger this time! I'm going to start Max tomorrow morning but this fit test has me very keen for the next 4 weeks! whoop!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ghs! Way to go!

Turbomama I felt that the recovery week workout was more of a strength workout and i worked my butt off lol. I feel so much stronger though. After watching Max Interval to see what its about, I was scared but i can totally see why people say they get so much stronger and see more results after month 2, its intense. I know I am gonna hate it but love it at the same time! It makes me want to be better, stronger and fitter.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Max Int was mad but I was stunned at how much I could do even at a lesser energy level. Problem - I dont have Max Recovery, the DVD is scratched and wont play apparently. So do I replace with Cardio recovery....going to ask around and see if anyone can lend it!
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fit Test

Switch Kicks: 74/95
    Power Jacks: 48/45
    Power Knees: 90/100
    Power Jumps: 36/35
    Globe Jumps: 10/10
    Suicide Jumps: 13/20
    Push-up Jacks: 16/25
    Low Plank: 17/35

Didn't write down day one results, Now I see the importance of logging our progress ????

Month two underway and I'm feeling stronger and burning more calories!! Here we GO!!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Nice numbers. RECOVERY week was more strength and and core engaging as that is the key to Max intervals that we are doing this week. I know seems weird to call it recovery...lol. You'll go great with Max...its just like the first month....it will take a little time but you'll get use to it after the first week. :)

Keep nutrition in mind though and don't get in a position where your only option is a cheat meal—be sure on your off days to cook enough food that you can portion out and refrigerate for the week. That way, when you go to school or work throughout the week, your food is ready to go and you always have healthy options. Nutrition is most important!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Whooo go Ekamaseca! thats great, well done! Blimey, I found Plyo tough - awesome, but tough. I can see how strong Im getting - I feel better, even though all my measurements went up about a centimetre, so slightly confused. Roll on the fit test in a fortnight though.

I skipped a lot of this workout, or did it more slowly, or changed it a bit so I was doing something similar.
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Awesome job you guys on your fit tests, your results gave me strength mentally to do mine, i was so worried with it being a two hard workout day.

But here are my results....i only actually counted my 2nd fit test switch kicks as my first real one for that exercise because I was not doing them properly they were half butted (not high at all, kinda like the mummy kicks) so i focused on them on the second one instead:

Switch kicks NA/31/40
    Power Jacks 36/43/48
    Power Knees 61/83/90
    Power Jumps 19/20/27
    Globe jumps 5/9/9 - this one i am not impressed with because i was being slow not impressed with myself on this one
    Suicide jumps 12/13/16
    Push-up jacks 11/12/14
    Low plank oblique 28/31/36

Woot woot!!! So very proud....except the globe jumps, but i promise myself to do so much better next time on them.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    That is superb, well done, such an improvement each time!

Confession - my switch kicks arent as high as theirs :) I really enjoyed Interval and Plyo, despite the aaaaching arms, but struggled with Core this morning. I think partly getting an hour less sleep and partly just not being strong enough...yet :)

Now food wise, I've stopped trying to eat up to my cals suggested by TDEE-20 because it's a. a pain and b. kept me at one weight for 3 months now. Going to try eating as I did the last quarter of 2012, as I lost 2 st/24lb then and still was as fit
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I'm still confused on the whole eating thing. I use bodymedia so sometimes get confused but i've been having a 5-800 deficit which i think is what i'm supposed to have.

I am looking forward to plyo but man oh man my butt hurts today lol.

My switch kicks aren't as high either but they are definitely higher than before a little slower but higher, all about form right? ;)

This month brings so much more strength to us, i can't wait!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Absolutely - and have you noticed yourself getting stronger so your form is better too?

My TDEE came out at 2400, I think it was, and I was shooting for 17-1800 but weight and measurements havent changed one bit in 3 months. I discovered last year that I easily stay away from cakes and biscuits when I have to log and my average was about 14-1500, so I'll just east 'normally' and if I'm hungry then fine I'll eat, but maybe see how you feel too!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I'm definitely stronger, i never used to be able to do pushups, ever! I used to have a hard time with suicide jumps (burpees) anything. I just noticed last night that my arms are bigger....i had a night shirt that i hadn't worn in a while and i tried to wear it last night and i had to take off bc it was way too tight on the arms so my arms are bigger from muscle. My butt doesn't bounce as much and i have definition in my tricep and bicep, not to mention i can see it starting my my legs too.

My butt and shoulders kill today which is awesome bc it means my muscles are working and getting stronger. I generally go by how i feel too and am trying to eat more protein rather than carbs, try to even them out but talk about hard. I'm definitely a carby person, which could explain a few things on my body. But i'm determined to get there and get better.

I'm so glad that i found insanity because i do think it is my soulmate workout, i absolutely love it! It is the one workout i have found that i can stick with through the whole thing.
  • KristaHuyer
    Options
    Did anyone else find Max Interval Plyo near impossible?!! Some of those moves are just CRAZY. Yes I am stronger, but not to that level yet. I found it a little disappointing cause I had to take everything soooo slow.
    Tuesday I made the mistake of climbing over 500 steps on the Hamilton stairs, so i can hardly walk, AND I did max interval circuit yesterday and waited to do the fit test today because my partner wasn't home. My results weren't that great on the third round of the fit test because i am SO stinkin sore. I literally can't move today.
    Oh well! I am loving this! i feel great! Haven't seeen hugeee results yet like everyone who finishes this program seems to get, but I am loosing tiny bits of inches here and there, and have managed to loose 4 pounds , which I thank mainly from shakeology! Good luck on the rest of the week everyone!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I'm the other way - I found Plyo easier than Core, I think just because I can even the harder stuff out on my legs but I cant on with my arms, and there's A LOT of arms in Core!

I just snooped your diaries to see your averages :) Im often around 170-210 carbs, because I eat so many vegetables and fruit, and if I get into the 70s for protein I'm happy, I have fromage frais pretty much every day as a snack because it's naturally low fat/high protein. You guys definitely all do far better with your protein...

Do you follow MFPs 55/20/15 (I think it is) macros on carb/fat/pro or did you set yours up? Mine follows .35g fat per lb, .8g per lb protein and the rest of the carbs making it up to my 1800, which is my TDEE-15 or 20%. I followed SaraUK/SideSteels Eat/Train/Progress suggestions as they seem quite well respected on here, but I'm meant to have about 120g protein. Not ever going to happen!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I found plyo hard, but i did concentrate on doing as many as i can properly which wasn't alot but i know it will get better. I found the power pushups really hard, my body is just not that flexible! lol

I was going by mfp's recommended carb/protein/fat but changed it to my own to follow somewhat insanity. For now its 45/35/20 i believe and getting the protein in is hard.

My muscles are so very sore and although they are sore it reminds me that i'm still not strong, that i have a lot of work to do. I know that in the end i will have results and be stronger even if they aren't crazy....i will be stronger than when i started out :)

I don't want to do anything tonight lol, too stiff. I get to watch tomorrows workout! woot woot!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Okay so I'm a buffoon :D I did Max recovery last month instead of cardio recovery. I just found Cardio, but since he introduces Max recovery 'as this is your Cardio Recovery' I never noticed!

I actually felt awesome tonight, I wasnt looking forward to it knowing the plie pulses were there but knowing I've done Max recovery already I felt ready to attack! On 30 day shred, I did the low to high planks on my knees but since I still cant do a press up I thought sod it, I'll just keep trying. I went slowly, with a break in between each and did 4 to his 16 but DAMNIT I'm determined to build some arm and chest strength up. Have you any tips for doing a pressup? Where to focus, where to squeeze, that sort of thing?
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Today's Max Recovery workout i really hated Shaun T.....there were many exercises that i am not strong enough to do just yet and it made me real mad! I am even thinking about doing it over again. I think partially it was because i didn't watch it beforehand so it was all a huge surprise...i don't think i would have been so mad. I find alot of these moves are hard on my knees and i'd like to think that its because i'm not strong enough in the knees but really i think its the strongest part on my body....lol.

Grrr it makes me mad i can't do alot of it! Like real mad.....lol.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Okay totally had your angry frustration this morning in Plyo - the balance press ups....I just cannot do it. I was so frustrated to not be able to do the last move, I dont deserve a break if I'm not doing the bit beforehand!

I still cant do a pressup :(
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Yeah i totally have a hard time with plyo i'm just not that flexible....like the power pushups....there is no way i can curl my body to do it so i have no choice but to do it slow and modified to start strengthening those muscles associated.

We will get it :) We just can't give up :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    We will, definitely! I kinda want to get a skipping rope and get jumping with it, I'm pretty sure that'd be a great way to building up muscle for doing those power jumps!