6/3 30 Day Challenge Day 3 - Weekly Challenge

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning and welcome to day 3 of our 30 Day Challenge and our 1st official weekly challenge. I was thinking our 1st challenge would be squats. (Thank you DanaRandolph for the idea) I read somewhere this morning that 1 pound of muscle burns up to 9 times the calories of a pound of fat. The article said that even if you do a single set of 10 squats every day, you'll build muscle. I like the sound of that. 10 squats sounds pretty easy to me. I've done 20 so far this morning and I plan on doing 20 more later. So I challenge you this week to do some squats. My goal will be to do at least 40 squats every day this week...of course that won't be 40 in a row but 2 sets of 20 but, hey, that's 40 more than I did yesterday, right?

How many squats will you do this week?

"We do not stop exercising when we grow old. We grow old because we stop exercising."

Have a productive day everyone.

♥ Diana

Replies

• msigman1
    msigman1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in for the squats challenge. Make sure you warm up and cool down!!! Holy Moley, last week I did a bunch of squats and the next day I could barely move. My thighs were soooooo sore that walking hurt, stairs were almost impossible. My kids were making fun of me and calling me an old lady. It was my own fault for not warming up and cooling down properly.

The exercise plan for the day:

Squats 40 broken up in to two sets of 20

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Then off to work for my "Friday" I have a decent sized project coming up. I should be doing a bit of walking in my hangar tonight.

I work in aviation on second shift. btw

Meagan
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with squats I am up to 2 sets of 50, think I will get out the Wii this morning I love my workouts on there it makes it fun, after super I also plan on my 1 hour walk.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :)

I just finished the 30 day squat challenge so cutting those back to 4 days a week now other then the ones in 30 Day Shred.

Had a great morning did 40 minutes on the bike, 15 mins elliptical, and 30 Day Shred.

Now just have to do all the fun stuff around the house.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, squats should be a real challenge for me. Since anything that made me grunt has been off limits for quite a while . . . .!!! But, the phrase "in for a penny, in for a pound" is knocking around in my head. I will just make sure the shades are down and no one will be the wiser!

btw, Diana, I thought you were in California. You are already on the "right" coast. :glasses:

Beth
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Well, squats should be a real challenge for me. Since anything that made me grunt has been off limits for quite a while . . . .!!! But, the phrase "in for a penny, in for a pound" is knocking around in my head. I will just make sure the shades are down and no one will be the wiser!

btw, Diana, I thought you were in California. You are already on the "right" coast. :glasses:

Beth

Close those shades and get busy you can do it! On the other point California would be the wrong coast :) You need to come to this side.

Jen
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The squat challenge sounds great! I am on day 7 of a 30 day squat challenge with some friends at work.

http://tribesports.com/challenges/30-day-squat-challenge

We started with 50 and are working up to 250 (yikes). The best thing to remember when trying to build muscle is that you need to keep pushing yourself harder. Doing 40 squats daily is awesome, but adding one or two more squats to each set is even awesomer!
  • Rav3nfan
    Rav3nfan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Doing well today -- eating all the right things, lifted weights before work and walked 30 minutes (moderate pace) at lunch. I'm hoping to do a Zumba class tonight.

I did 24 squats during weight lifting and will finish the last 6 this evening:-)
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, just got home from day 1 of a week-long conference at work. In anticipation of a 10 hour days and buffet dangers, I did a 40minute run this morning and will be up early cracking on with some squats tomorrow.

And now for an evening of reading through presentations and trying to make sense of European legislation...my life could not rock much more!! :laugh:
  • mkkd
    mkkd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I will go for 200 squats this week. 50 per work out day sounds reasonable to me.
    Plan to finish yard work today - several hours of it yesterday and was sore. Raking, mowing, and digging burns more than you would think :)
    Good luck everyone, have a great week.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Uh Oh!!, no workout today....
    I have blisters on my feet from working on Saturday.... :(:(:(

I know, bummer, right....

Oh well, tomorrow is another day

Hope to check in tomorrow with better news...don't want to go to long with out exercising as then I will have to start all over again.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Squats are going to be a real challenge fo
    r me with my resolve to only take the stairs at work, but I'm in!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This makes the sixth day in a row I've stayed under my calorie goal, and even got in a workout tonight! I NEVER can make myself work out after dinner, and especially never on a Monday, which is always a super-early morning to catch my flight.

30 minutes on the treadmill, mixed in with 40 squats and 40 crunches. My goal is 150 squats this week.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Did 40 squats today! Also, 1 hour on the stationary bike and weight training :)