Extreme Accountability! ~ June 2013 edition

Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
blog-fitnesstrends-042513-1.jpg

So, what's the plan? What workouts will you commit to for June? By the end of this month, we'll be halfway through 2013. How do you plan to make every day count?

Put it here. Commit. Be accountable.

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I'll be back to discuss my June plan later, but for now, I'll just say this: I bought fresh new running shoes today. (wink)
  • alecialudwickjones
    Options
    10k steps every single day.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Once a week run with my exercise buddy. I am going to workout for an hour at least three times per week. I plan to do my elliptical and jog. I also plan on walking a few times in the morning with my neighbor. I need to do some strength training. I can do 30DS at least once a week on one of those three days. Cardio is always easier for me to get in. My goal is to weigh less at the end of june than at the beginning. I would really like to be under 200. I will take my measurements too. I need to make some progress this month.

Ash
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MyJune goal is to run 150 miles this month and get some bike workouts in as well! Also get healthy choices of foods and not junk!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly which workouts I will do in June, but I do know this:

*I will keep doing my yoga.
    *My 5k is June 29th, so running is a must!
    *I plan to incorporate something outside of yoga and running (possibly strength or circuit training) at least once a week.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we are in the sixth month of the year already!

I've committed to doing CLX for 90 days and started it in May and will continue through June. It gives me three days of strength training and two days of cardio weekly. I start week 4 which is the last week of the Burn Phase on Monday.

Next week, I will start the Push Phase which goes for four weeks. Since I usually take a "rest week" (stretching, light cardio) during the month of June and December, I will do this after completing the second week of the Push Phase then pick back up to complete it.

I am going to continue to enough water daily to make sure my "pee" (TMI) stays clear :blushing:

I want to maintain the three pound weight loss in May throughout June.

This is enough for now. Wishing each of you success with your June goals, too!
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have decided on some ambitious goals for June, but I am on summer vacation so my fitness is going to be a priority!
    Here are my June goals:
    30DS 2x a week
    Cardio 2x a week - either the Biggest Loser cardio max video or a different similar cardio video
    58 total miles of running to train for half marathon

I wish everyone the best in achieving our goals. We got this! :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Ah, yes, June! I'm reading lots of good plans here! My running plan is almost embarrassing next to some of you, but I'm just gonna keep it up until I can do amazing runs just like y'all!

I started to notice that my other shoes can't compare to my current NB (trail) running shoes, so I went and picked up a second pair already, so that I'll have them in case they discontinue them or sell out. I'll probably need to switch them in September. The point is: I plan to keep running!

I've gotten extremely busy lately, but I plan to continue my afternoon trips to the park to walk/run (usually jog 2 to 3miles). I also intend to do my own exercises at home daily, similar to how I was doing exercises for the Hunger Games challenge. I've made a weekly schedule of 3 exercises each week. I like doing this because I seem to get good results and because it doesn't take a time dedication (like a 30-40minute video), instead I can do a set here and a set there. I've had to face the fact that I'll probably not get back to any videos (fitnessblender, Jillian, etc) until Winter, when my daily schedule hopefully calms down a bit.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hey all you fitness planning types out there!! June is flying by, and when it ends...we'll be exactly HALFWAY through 2013. So, it's a good time to check what we're doing and see if any adjustments need to be made.

Anyone who hasn't already written a plan: if you'd like the extra accountability of committing to a plan before witnesses ;-), then do it here. :smile:

Well, crazy month June. Today was the first official day of Summer break from school. I want to continue for this month my M-F trips to the park (since my son's tutor is paid-up til end of June anyway, I might as well take advantage of that "me time"). And I really, REALLY want to get into a groove of the awesome home workouts that I created for myself (3x/wk), but if today is any indication--my life would rather me be doing housework. :laugh: It was nice having my son play with lil girl so I could get some chores done and there are plenty more of those. Let's just hope the two of them continue to play nicely together. Chores & housework is a good activity. It may not be "MFP loggable" for me, but my body knows I'm moving & burning fat when I'm doing it, and that's all that matters. The workouts will sit in the vault until the time is right. Oh yeah! That reminds me, my son asked me this morning, "hey what about the videos you used to do in the morning? When are you going to do them?" haha! Talk about accountability!! I explained to him that those videos are tough and get me too hot to do in this Summer heat, but that I can do other things, like push-ups and sit-ups. Now....just to put down the laundry, and actually DO them sometimes....:ohwell: