No Late-Night-Snacking ("LNS") in June, 2013!

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
dewdrop's words....

"Say "no" to munching mindlessly at night by fixing a cut-off time, past which you only drink water/tea. It's that simple smile. Or not wink - join us if this makes sense for you and let us know step by step how it all went.

Feel free to join our group and browse through our previous challenges to find out more - though this can be a little bit boring, you might find tricks and tips and success stories. While also finding out that this is a real struggle, as expected. But sticking with us is a success by itself."

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I so need to join this group. I have gotten into a habit where I schedule in my late-night snacking!! It's horrible! So...I did not start on June 1, but I will start today.

My cut-off time will be 8pm. We usually eat such a late dinner...see, that's my problem. We eat dinner around 7, and then I usually eat again between 9 and 11, depending on what's going on.

I'm going to say 9pm is my last snack. Period.

Is that too late?

And...on the weekends, I will probably have wine after that, but I'm cutting off my nightly glass of wine (a decision I made earlier this morning LOL) starting today too. So that decision along with seeing this group...yes.

9pm - last snack. No wine on weeknights.

Weekends... 9pm - last snack. But open to wine.

Does that work?
  • lucypaige_
    lucypaige_ Posts: 87
    Options
    Fell off the wagon last month after I was doing somewhat well... Here's to a great June!

Me: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes June...hope it's better than last month!

June 3

ME: 3
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Sorry I was MIA for May. No excuses just ate like crap all month!

So starting today too :) my cut off time is also 8pm.

Lets do awesome this week everyone!!
  • ChantiC
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS:0

Now off to bed I go :)
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I too went MIA in May even though I wasn't eating every evening, I still forgot to come on here. Hello again everyone :flowerforyou:

So far it's

Me 2
    LNS 1
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Yay! I did it! And I was even in bed early! I think this will help me get more sleep, also, because I tend to stay up for that last snack late at night...

So, since I only started this last night, I'm 1, LNS 0!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to "JUST DO IT IN JUNE"!

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Well, here goes June...hope it's better than last month!

June 4

ME: 4
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 4

This is EXCITING because TOM showed up today, and I've been battling REALLY CRAZY CRAVINGS this week (....and now I know why) and yet, I did NOT give into them! Yayyyyy!!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    That's great, Beeps!

Me: 2

Wahoo!

This isn't easy, but it's working. Now, I'm just waiting to see some positive results because of it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    April - it ends up really BUILDING on itself!

I try, to create "streaks" for as long as I can without having a late-night eating party. This month, I'm actually going to try for a REALLY LONG STREAK - maybe even into the double-digits!
  • lucypaige_
    lucypaige_ Posts: 87
    Options
    Me: 5

So far so good
  • ChantiC
    Options
    Me:3
    LNS:0

Wishing you all a great Day today :)
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    April - it ends up really BUILDING on itself!

I try, to create "streaks" for as long as I can without having a late-night eating party. This month, I'm actually going to try for a REALLY LONG STREAK - maybe even into the double-digits!

Thanks! I'm nervous about the weekends. I think it will be a lot harder. Especially if they are social evenings.

But so far, I am...

I am really proud of myself, doing this. I almost went for another snack last night, but fortunately I was way too tired anyway and just went to bed.

The weekends will be the REAL challenge.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Don't be nervous, April - you're building a GREAT streak and if you focus on that, it will help you move through the weekend with FOCUS!

Me: 5
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Well, I am glad I started during the week, when it's easier. Then maybe, seeing how it actually worked, and I could actually do it will help me get through the weekend successfully! :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    June 6

Me: 6
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Another night down!

Me: 4

I have noticed my stomach seems flatter. Is this common?