Short Engagement = Must Remain Motivated!

Options
redrio37
redrio37 Posts: 6 Member
Is anyone else having a short engagement? I'm getting married August 24th of this year. We just got engaged three and a half weeks ago. There is SO MUCH to do. But I am making it a priority to get in shape! I'd love to connect with some other brides-to-be in a similar situation to keep each other motivated!

Oh, and BTW, the 3lbs left on my ticker is just a mini-goal. I've got another 13 to go after that!

Replies

• mary_brock
    mary_brock Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm having a short engagement too! It's only 2 1/2 months and I've been stressing out of my mind. We're getting married on July 13. I still haven't even ordered the cake or lined up the caterer or photographer or videographer. We're having the wedding in my parent's hometown so I'm having to plan this long distance and I can't meet personally with the people so I have to rely on my mom to do that. I have a free day this weekend, so I'm going to go up there and trying to nail down the cake and caterer at least.

What have you gotten done and what do you still have to do?
  • jlongo1
    jlongo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having a 3 month engagement. It is stressful enough in and of itself, not to mention working full time while planning the wedding, getting projects done at my house so I can put it on the market and planning to move. I think right now its easier to make changes to eating than to try to increase my time at the gym. I bought a dress off the rack that fits perfect, but my goal is to have alterations done and taken down a size by the first fitting. yikes!
  • redrio37
    redrio37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! MMardis1, I'm also having a non-local wedding. We're in Chicago, but the wedding is in Northern Wisconsin. My fiancé's family has been going up there for over 75 years and we love it. But WOW does it add to my stress to be planning a wedding 4.5 hours from home.

jlongo1, like you I got my dress "off the rack" at a sample sale. It's gorgeous and the sample sale is the only reason I could afford it. Mine needs alterations. The zipper is broken and I need it shortened, but I'm also planning to lose enough weight to have it taken in. I've let my weight creep up a couple pound a year for a decade. I want to look AND feel amazing on my wedding day!

I've also got a lot left to do. We have our ceremony & reception sites, as well as block booking and I'm ordering invitations today. But still no photographer or caterer. We hired a weekend of wedding coordinator to help since everything is out of town. She's the only reason I'm not a puddle of stress-tears once a week. We're going up north this weekend in hopes of locking down all the big stuff. I can't get over how much work wedding planning has been!

How are you girls doing?
  • Bride2013Dec
    Options
    Mine is kinda short too. I got engaged May and we're having a December wedding. God, it was hard to find the date and the reception location. Also we're having a non-local wedding. He's in Boston. I'm currently in Cambridge but will go back to Northern Indiana soon, and we're having a wedding at his hometown, which is Southern Indiana - 4 hrs away from my place and 1000 miles away from his place.

I've been doing a little bit of stress eating for the wedding planning stress, but I really think this is an opportunity to get a better habit. So let's be motivated! I'm new to myfitnesspal and hoping to find more motivation :)