Introductions!

Options
2»

Replies

• VeronicaAM
    Options
    Daily Burn they advertise here also they give you a 30 day free trial and then a small monthly fee , Well the gym that I go to has the videos on demand and they have Daily Burn and is very good actually they have a lot of variety and some of the workouts are intense but short one I did the other day was only 10 min and effective . Good Luck
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 18 pound weight loss Claudia! That's fantastic! Keep up your hard work :)
  • claudiavasquez72
    claudiavasquez72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you it really feels great!!!

Congrats on your 18 pound weight loss Claudia! That's fantastic! Keep up your hard work :)
  • sunvin
    sunvin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, My name is Sunny, and I live in Long Island, NY. I was born in Ecuador, and love all Latin food. I have been married for 17 years, and have 3 beautiful girls. I am 5 feet tall and my current weight is 125 pounds. My goal weight is 115. :)
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Claudia. I live in the California - Monterey Bay Area.

I just came back from visiting my mom who lives about 3 hours away, this is always a problem for me because she always has yummy food! I weighed in today and found that I didn't lose any weight last week. Well at least I didn't gain any; is the way I should look at it. I must say that my motivation is my son, I want to be able to keep up with him and live a long healthy life. I spent my 20's being overwieght and I have made it my mission not to spend my 30's overweight.

I do not like to exercise, although I am coming to the realization that there is no way around it. My first goal is to lose 50 lbs! I look forward to hearing your stories, tips, ideas and support to keep me motivated.

Thank you!

Being Latina you probably like to dance, do Zumba. You can get the videos or the Wii and dance away, start out with small goals. Then to the long term goals, best wishes on your venture! And there are a lot of us wanting motivation too, so stay connected for more encouragement. :smile: you can do it!! Si se puede!!!!

Yes! I have heard from a co-worker that she enjoys Zumba so I will have to give it a try. Has anyone tried the ZUMBA Videos or Wii game for Zumba? I was conidering purchasing it and doing it out of the comfort of my own home.

I have the DVD's, I like them. But I went to the classes first to make sure I was not just going to waste my money. I also looked it up on Youtube.
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunny!

Welcome to the group!
    Hello Ladies, My name is Sunny, and I live in Long Island, NY. I was born in Ecuador, and love all Latin food. I have been married for 17 years, and have 3 beautiful girls. I am 5 feet tall and my current weight is 125 pounds. My goal weight is 115. :)
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hola chicas! My name is Cathy. I'm 42, soy una mamá muy orgullosa de cuatro niños, a college student, a Latina of Mexican heritage born and raised in southern California who has had a long time love affair with food of all kinds. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my tortillas and frijoles...but I have also been known to go to town on some ribs, sushi and pizza. I didn't really discriminate. Haha. I joined MFP back in January. At that time I weighed over 200 pounds and could barely get up the stairs in my house. I decided I needed to take control of my weight and my health. My husband was the one who suggested I try MFP. I have logged on every day since and have lost almost 30 pounds. My exercise routine is mainly walking and Zumba, but I'm going to start the P90 program this week and have decided to train to do a half marathon in October. Look forward to getting to know everyone and participating in the group.
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Hola chicas! My name is Cathy. I'm 42, soy una mamá muy orgullosa de cuatro niños, a college student, a Latina of Mexican heritage born and raised in southern California who has had a long time love affair with food of all kinds. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my tortillas and frijoles...but I have also been known to go to town on some ribs, sushi and pizza. I didn't really discriminate. Haha. I joined MFP back in January. At that time I weighed over 200 pounds and could barely get up the stairs in my house. I decided I needed to take control of my weight and my health. My husband was the one who suggested I try MFP. I have logged on every day since and have lost almost 30 pounds. My exercise routine is mainly walking and Zumba, but I'm going to start the P90 program this week and have decided to train to do a half marathon in October. Look forward to getting to know everyone and participating in the group.

Hi Cathy!

Congrats on losing 30 pounds girl!!
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! I hope its ok that I joined the group. My name is Jackie and I live in Tampa Florida.. Im Cuban & Dominican and boy do I love food!!!! Looking to loose 100 lbs and right now im down 11 lbs.. Hope to motivate others, just as they can motivate me. :-)
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Hi Jackie!

Welcome to the group!

Congratulations on losing 11lbs so far!
    Hello Ladies!!! I hope its ok that I joined the group. My name is Jackie and I live in Tampa Florida.. Im Cuban & Dominican and boy do I love food!!!! Looking to loose 100 lbs and right now im down 11 lbs.. Hope to motivate others, just as they can motivate me. :-)
  • MarieCoreaa1
    Options
  • MarieCoreaa1
    Options
    Hi Kathy welcome to mfp, hope you enjoy this site. Latinas helping each other to achieve the goal of staying healthy.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    Options
    Welcome Kathy :smile:
  • MarieCoreaa1
    Options
    Welcome Mfp and to the Latinas group :smile: