FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
tumblr_m6nsaqalus1qke924o1_500.png

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Happy Monday all!!

^^I managed to get some bodyweight exercises done at home BEFORE my butt got planted on the couch today, making the task much easier. lol

Unfortunately, I have an errand to do during the time that I usually hit the track at the park. I'm still trying to work out the logistics to get a walk or jog in, so fingers crossed for that!

I'm getting a little concerned because I've hit a weight range & size that my body has "settled at" in the past and sure-enough I seem to be bouncing around the same pounds, up/down, up/down. So, I'm going to give it another week before I start working on a strategy to try to blast past this sticking point. I'm also going to keep measuring once per week, like I did during HG, since that is more important than the scale.

Okay, readya later!!

ETA: got the run in! Made it happen! Ran 1 mile in 10min (never did that before!) and then walked a few minutes to keep from my heart beating out of my chest, and then did another mile in my more usual 12min.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good Day Monday! We have clear skies and it's going to hit 90...hot! Thank goodness for a/c in the house.

Last day of CLX Burn Circuit 1 completed this morning! Just about all of the exercises felt tough which is the way it’s supposed to be. That Lunge w/Core Rotation while holding a 15 pound dumbbell was extra tough and I got through only 6 reps per leg but I needed to get at least 10 reps per leg…lol. I should have lowered the amount of weight I was holding. The Chest Fly w/Hip Lift was another very tough exercise with holding 12.5 pound dumbbell in each hand…but I made it to 12 reps with a struggle. Dumbbell sets in use for this circuit: 5, 7.5, 12.5, 15.

Sherry: like you, my weight tends to hang in a "certain" range especially after dropping the first 30-something pounds. I know it is going to take some "improvement" in the kitchen along with continue exercising to push downward on the scale. Taking measurements is very important along with photos. Wishing us both luck on finding a new "strategy" soon to get greatly beyond this "plateau range". WTG on getting in the body-weight exercises this morning!

I like your phrase "readya later" and I'll ditto that!:laugh:

ETA.......
    JJ: I'll stop by and checkout your website and have a great time teaching those Zumba/Cardiodance classes this month! You deserve rest days for sure.

Marla: that hike sounds really great for fitness...working the lower body GOOD!

Ash: are you doing "real" burpees or the "modified" version? I have to stick with modified to avoid the high impact. WTG on getting Day 2 out of the way on Sunday!

Toni: GREAT success on your Plank & Squat Challenge...wooohooo!!

Sam: is there any particular reason you like to exercise in bed...heehee? Is that routine on video? Sounds like your Sunday outing was lovely and active.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sherry: Awesome job with the run! I've been reading up on running and the one thing that helps me not feel like I'm about to pass out is abdominal breathing. You're probably already doing this, but if not it really helps. Breathe in for 2-4 steps breathe out for the same number of steps and make sure that the air is going into your belly rather than your chest.

Pam: Wouldn't you like to know?! :wink: really it just gives me no excuses for not working out. I mean it's in your bed! The videos are on youtube (link in the favorite workout videos thread). The one I did yesterday had shadow boxing, pilates pushups, donkey kicksetc.

Today's workout was:
    60 minute yoga class
    C25k= 5 minute walk, 10 minute run, 3 minute walk, 10 minute run, 5 minute cool down. Total 20 minutes running.
    5 minute stretching/yoga.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I thought I wrote in here this morning. Guess I was waiting to see what I did. Two mile walk before work, a few sprint runs. I walked 1/2 hr at lunch too.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Pam: Wouldn't you like to know?! :wink: really it just gives me no excuses for not working out. I mean it's in your bed! The videos are on youtube (link in the favorite workout videos thread). The one I did yesterday had shadow boxing, pilates pushups, donkey kicksetc.

:laugh: :laugh: I would probably never get out of my bed....:laugh: :laugh: I'm just trying to imagine it all.
    I'll try to take a peek at the videos.

Marla: WTG on getting all the cardio done today!!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day off of exercise though i did get some activity in. I helped my hubby put together some farm equip for his stepdad. That took a good two and a half hours. I didn't get home til kinda of late and i couldn't do my burpees at the in-laws cause their floors shake super easy. So i decided to take my rest day for the challenge on mondays instead of fridays.

Pam, i think i am doing the full version because i am jumping back in and out of plank and jumping in the air when i am up.

Sherry, i hope you got your run in today. After losing close to 40 lbs last year, my body has definitely settled into a comfortable weight. I am interested to hear how you step it up to break out of that rut. I have been trying to exercise more per week. I think next i need to tackle my diet and cut out processed foods and add more fresh/frozen fruits and veggies.

Sam, thanks for the tip on abdominal breathing while running. I am going to try that and try to be more mindful of my breathing while i am running. You got a lot of exercise in today. Good for you! Are you using an app on your phone for c25k or something you found online? I would like to find a good program.

Marla, way to get all that exercise in today

I love today's reminder. So true!

Ashley
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good evening

I am getting my Plants and Squats in first thing but dragging when i get home so going to try to catch up tomorrow . I at least couldbof taken my mom for a walk. I feel llike my stomach has just hit a good spot. It not bothering me so much so I'm increasing calories slowly..trying to build back up to do more cardio and strength

Good job everyone .... i am going to work up to running
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Sherry: Awesome job with the run! I've been reading up on running and the one thing that helps me not feel like I'm about to pass out is abdominal breathing. You're probably already doing this, but if not it really helps. Breathe in for 2-4 steps breathe out for the same number of steps and make sure that the air is going into your belly rather than your chest.

Thanks for the tip. Mainly my heart was beating out of my chest at the end yesterday because I didn't pace myself for doing a 10min, because I didn't know I could make 10min until the last 200meters, during which I hauled *kitten* in order to make it happen. lol. I do find that at the top of the hill, I usually take a few large breaths (like you do before a "sigh") and my breath usually equalizes faster after the hill when I do that.