U.K. Members, carbohydrate count using ounces or grams.

Can anyone help with name of a book or website which shows the carb count in grams or ounces. I have found when searching a particular food the measurement used is often "cups". Thanks in advance for any information.????

Replies

• AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Any foods in particular? I find that if I put a store name ie Tesco, before my search term it is usually grams. I do have the advantage of being an american in the UK but I find it easier to stick to one way of measuring :) Hopefully that helps a bit as with no example I don't really know what you mean.
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    When searching for foods in the database, look for foods listed without an * before them. They all have weights in grams :)

I typed in: Broccoli, raw

scrolled down the list...

Broccoli - Flower clusters, raw
    Broccoli - Leaves, raw
    Broccoli - Raw

Just look for the ones without an * in front of them. :) Hope this helps you out.
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Thanks so much for the information which should help me a lot. I am looking for veg and fruit particularly. I must have been unlucky in my searches before because most of the foods I searched for seemed to use a cup measurement. Heres to keeping better account of the carbs which I eat.????????????