Day 3-ever so tired, yet can't sleep well!

Options
Is this normal? I've heard of everyone having so much energy, but I am not feeling it yet! I keep getting 2 or 3 slumps during the day, where I could fall right asleep. But then when I lay down for bed, it takes me longer to fall asleep, and then I'm up at like 4 am and can't fall back asleep!

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think the detoxing affects ppl differently - you're definitely still in the normal detox time frame. I would guess you're tired during the day because you're not sleeping at night?
  • brenbrenm
    brenbrenm Posts: 81
    Options
    Not sure...it seems to have started the other way around! Was REALLY tired all day Sunday, but slept well Sat. night. Then Sunday night=not such a good sleep, etc...
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking more caffiene in the evenings? I tend to drink more coffee in sugar detox. If so the caffiene, may be causing it. Stop all caffiene at 4 pm. Other than that give is a week, I notice by sleep changes for the better at day 4.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    This happened to me too, and still happens occasionally. At first, it was definitely part of the detoxing… I would get headaches, feel sluggish, etc. However, push through it and you will reap the benefits! The times that it happens now 12 weeks in is definitely correlated to the amount of caffeine I drink (too much = crash – I typically have one cup in the morning… add another? I am screwed), too much fruit (sugar), or not enough eating (nuts! Protein!). Stick with it… you WILL get through this!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    depending on how much carbs/processed food before you started paleo will affect how long you may suffer through the carb flu stage.
    it will come and you will feel SO much better,give it time and be patient.