Do you believe in?

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
This image makes you think... and it's not even an all encompassing list of possible religions due to the fact that there are no Native American gods listed that I noticed, and also the number of Hindu gods left off keeps this list small as well. Love the fact that it includes the Flying Spaghetti Monster. So, after you see this, answer the question at the bottom. (right click to open in new tab, as if I make the image smaller it is impossible to read)

383543_471435246271785_1161173638_n.jpg

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    And that doesn't even get into the issues within belief in the same God. (Sunni vs ****e, Catholic vs. Protestant, Eastern Buddhism vs. Tantric Buddhism, Minnesota Baptist Association vs. Minnesota Baptist Conference)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would click no under all of those, except Zeus, don't mess with Zeus!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Marvel Thor > Thor, Although most Marvel characters are more believable than most of the "gods" on that list lol
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I would click no under all of those, except Zeus, don't mess with Zeus!!!

Which Zeus?

Greek-God-Zeus-1024x809.jpg

OR

zeus_bio.png
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Which one is the god of resizing images so they fit??!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I thought Jupiter was a real planet?

My mom, who is very educated, just showed us nine of them.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Which one is the god of resizing images so they fit??!

obviously you didn't read my whole post... if you'd like, I can make it smaller so you need a magnifying glass to read it.

*fyi, since you don't know me, yes, this is dripping with sarcasm*

tsk tsk! Sarcasm is anger's evil cousin! btw.. I start out assuming everyone is sarcastic and go from there.
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I did "right click" as instructed, but open in a new tab/window is not an option for me. Can you just tell us what the question is?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    @ wineplease: here you go

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    ...Stephen F Roberts
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    "I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.".Stephen F Roberts

Thanks!

I'm familiar with this quote, although I don't agree with it. An atheist believes in no God while a theist believes God does exist. Since mutually exclusive claims about God cannot simultaneously be true, one may deny something of God while another may affirm it, this is not the same as denying God exists altogether. Furthermore, aspects of the definition of God transcend many “religions” and therefore “denying another’s God” is not necessarily a valid inference from the denial of an attribute or action of God. For instance, a Christian may believe that God has done things that a devout Jew or Muslim may not believe but that is not the same as denying that there is any overlap or commonality between our understandings of God. Conflict in a detail does not mean denial of the essential reality.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/littledemon/listofgods.html

Bahet - Goddess of wealth and abundance. 'Nuff said. :wink: