CABIN 2: POST RESULTS HERE!

Options
Super_Mama
Super_Mama Posts: 99 Member
WEEK #1: JUNE 2-8

Welcome Campers! I have sent you a message with more details, however if the spreadsheet I sent you a link to doesnt work for you, please feel free to post your results daily here in this thread!

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO I EMAILED, PLEASE NOTE THE SMALL CHANGE ON MORNING STRETCHES:

I have posted a Google Doc to help us stay on track together and to keep all of our info in one place so we can help encourage one another! I have added in the introductions and the weigh ins that I found on the group page. Please feel free to add your own tracking info on your section daily, or if you prefer, you can message me and I can add it.I will add a new tab each week and label them so that you can log your activities. You should not need a username or password to access or use it.If you have any trouble, please let me know!

In the meantime, I will try to post a daily reminder of the activities on my "wall" so please accept my friend request, or friend me so you can see them!

If you havent already, dont forget to post your introduction to the group page at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1001679-introductions

As I understand it, here is our assignments for the week:

*****PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO COMPLETE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING TASKS DAILY!!!*****

ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE A MORNING MOVEMENT EACH DAY:
Morning Movement = COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STRETCHES TO EARN 1 PT DAILY
-10 neck stretches
-10 shoulder rolls
-10 arm stretches
-10 twisties
-10 sidebends
-10 squats
-10 lunges
-10 knee raises
-10 jumping jacks
-10 sec run in place

ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE AN EVENING COOLDOWN EACH DAY:
Evening Cooldown:= Complete and earn 1pt daily
- With eyes closed, take a slow deep breath raising your chest and filling your diaphragm. When breathing out, concentrate on releasing air slowing. Try to think about your breathing as you do this exercise.Think in with the good, out with the bad, releasing the tensions of the day. Do this ten times.

ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE CARDIO EACH DAY:
Complete a cardio activity and burn at least 300 calories and earn 1pt daily

ATTEMPT TO LOSE WEIGHT EACH WEEK:
Cardio Challenge =Weight Loss at End Weight = 2 points
Weight Gain at End Weight = 0 points

ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE ONE WEEKLY CHALLENGE EACH DAY:

SUNDAY: Make a new friend day: Post a bit about yourself under the intro tab on the MFP group page!

MONDAY: Healthy Eating Day: one point for trying a new healthy recipe. Earn an extra point for sharing the recipe (tell us why it's healthy please). At the end of the summer, I'll release a compilation of all the healthy recipes submitted.

TUESDAY: Family Day: one point for completing an activity with another family member. Should challenge your body or your mind. (60 minutes preferred)

WEDNESDAY: Water Day: one point for completing an activity involving water: swimming, exercising in a pool, water sports... or my idea of water day... watering my plants... lol.

THURSDAY: Music Appreciation Day: one point for 60 minutes of dancing or other aerobics using music.

FRIDAY: Sports Day: one point for 60 minutes of participation in any sport

SATURDAY: Community Day: one point for completing an activity that supports your community. For example, baking for a bake sale, picking up garbage along a walking path, working at a local carnival or fair.

Replies

• missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    OK ...Posting and a couple questions:

First questions:
    1. I had to modify 2 of the morning stretches, jumping jacks and running in place. My doctor told me when I began my journey 5 months ago, no feet leaving the ground until I am well under 200lbs...I am 224.4 as of this morning, ..due to a triple ankle fracture a couple yrs ago. So I walked fast in place, for running, and did it for 30 seconds. and I did squats while raising my arms for jumping jacks...will this do?

2. I already do deep diaphragmatic breathing every night, 4 sets of 10....can I call this my "cool down".

3. Introduced myself on intro thread yesterday, would you need me to do it again somewhere, else or is it the same thread?

So reporting here:

Did weigh-in 224.4
    did morning stretches w/ 2 modifications
    Introduced myself yesterday on thread
    sent FR's to all in my cabin, but you are the only one who has accepted:(

Thanks! And good luck to all!...Beth Ann
  • Super_Mama
    Options
    OK ...Posting and a couple questions:

First questions:
    1. I had to modify 2 of the morning stretches, jumping jacks and running in place. My doctor told me when I began my journey 5 months ago, no feet leaving the ground until I am well under 200lbs...I am 224.4 as of this morning, ..due to a triple ankle fracture a couple yrs ago. So I walked fast in place, for running, and did it for 30 seconds. and I did squats while raising my arms for jumping jacks...will this do?

2. I already do deep diaphragmatic breathing every night, 4 sets of 10....can I call this my "cool down".

3. Introduced myself on intro thread yesterday, would you need me to do it again somewhere, else or is it the same thread?

So reporting here:

Did weigh-in 224.4
    did morning stretches w/ 2 modifications
    Introduced myself yesterday on thread
    sent FR's to all in my cabin, but you are the only one who has accepted:(

Thanks! And good luck to all!...Beth Ann

Beth Ann -- IMHO -- Doctor's orders and personal restrictions trump ANY of these challenges. Modify these as you need to so long as you are still moving and actively participating ;)

Thank you for posting your stuff here I will add it into the spreadsheet, if one of us haven't already. I havent gotten replies from most of my friend requests yet either, but if they are anything like me, they may not be as active online during the weekend.
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    A few points...

First, doctor's orders ALWAYS override us, just do an equal number of a challenge that works the same body part.

Two, The Cardio/Calorie Challenge works this way: earn 1 point for either earning 300 calories through exercise OR by staying under your daily calorie goal.

Three, If your weekly weight goes down, you earn 2 points. If it remains the same, you earn 1 point. If it goes up, you earn 0 points.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Cabin 2 Campers...

I see Jessy and Beth Ann are awake; the rest of you need to give them a shout out on here so they know they have a group!

Campers in your group are Jessy, Beth Ann, Cherie, Tennille, SummerMM1, and nikkioprince.

Camp Director Donna
  • missability
    Options
    I did all my exercises....loved the video on FB! Also jogged in place for 15 mins with Leslie Sansone walking DVD....I know I said the doctor said no, but just had to try!!! and I did it!
    Also I knew going in that today would be my "treat meal" day and I would be over on my calories....I do this once every 5 to 10 or 12 days, depending on when the scale stops moving:)

So can I count the 15 min jog as cardio since I went over on calories today? I do not post my exercise to appear on the feed....not even sure I know how to do 15 min jog to 15 minute walking DVD lol.....

As for recipe....Mondays are busy....so can I do that another day, or is it Monday only...?

Thanks! and where are my cabin mates, anyhow?
  • missability
    Options
    FYI: None of my cab mates replied to my Friends request.....I am so sad....:(
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sorry was out of town all weekend and just getting back on the computer, so no challenges done so far. I am going to the zoo tomorrow and doing lots of walking. So I will have more to post tomorrow. Will weigh tomorrow morning and get all my ingo to you.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Ok looking at the challenges I have completed- Music day on Saturday, Water Day on Saturday, and meet a new friend would be today. I also did family day on Monday and did the cardio on Saturday and Monday. I think that is it.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options

I think we're just off to a slow start. I see a few more making contact today. By Wednesday we should be going strong! :)
  • Super_Mama
    Options

I think we're just off to a slow start. I see a few more making contact today. By Wednesday we should be going strong! :)

I am still missing a few cabinmates too! :( No worries, between us three we seem to be doing ok! I am hoping for more participation soon though!
  • Super_Mama
    Options
    Ok looking at the challenges I have completed- Music day on Saturday, Water Day on Saturday, and meet a new friend would be today. I also did family day on Monday and did the cardio on Saturday and Monday. I think that is it.

Welcome aboard SummerMM!! I have posted what I think your completed activities are at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOX9Yc3SGxLdHF1UUJnUENGZzZJMFpBNHcxZ1RSX3c#gid=0

Please let me know if I missed anything. Have you done your morning stretches and cooldowns?

Hope you had fun at the zoo? :)
  • Super_Mama
    Options
    Happy Tuesday fellow campers!

I have updated everyone's progress as I have it on our tracking spreadsheet at:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOX9Yc3SGxLdHF1UUJnUENGZzZJMFpBNHcxZ1RSX3c#gid=0

Please feel free to edit/add your data if I didnt accurately capture it.

We seem to have one cabin mate who I haven't heard from since we became friends and two who havent accepted my friend request yet, so we have some work to do!

Did any of you do the special challenge today and complete 50 pushups?

Dont forget your morning stretches and evening cooldowns! Watch those calories and get your feet moving!
    Try to complete as many of the weekly challenges as you can, they DO NOT have to be on a specific day, so just do your best to get them done.

If there is anything I can do to help motivate you, please let me know, we are all in this together!

Any thoughts for a better name for this awesome cabin?
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Don't fret for long Campers... I'll probably be kicking out a few people who aren't responding and don't seem to want to be here, and reassigning campers who want to be involved... in the next few days. :)
  • Super_Mama
    Options
    Happy Wednesday fellow campers!

I have updated everyone's progress as I have it on our tracking spreadsheet at:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOX9Yc3SGxLdHF1UUJnUENGZzZJMFpBNHcxZ1RSX3c#gid=0

Please feel free to edit/add your data if I didn't accurately capture it.

Did any of you do the special challenge today and complete 50 pushups yesterday? My arms are super sore from them!

Don't forget your morning stretches and evening cooldowns! They are quick and you can do them when you wake up and when you crawl into bed, plus they are 2 easy points a day you can earn for the bunk!

Watch those calories and get your feet moving!

What weekly challenges have you done so far? Remember, they DO NOT have to be on a specific day, so just do your best to get them done.

Any thoughts for a better name for this awesome cabin?
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Ok think I have it all understood, added to the spread sheet. Will start trying to do the excercises in the morning and the cool down tonight.

Names for the group- The Slim Downs, Cabin 2 Fever, Sexy Mammas, Fat Tremblers (lol had to add something funny), The lioness, The movers and the shakers, ok that is a good start I know they are silly but hey lets have fun with it :laugh: :wink:
  • missability
    Options
    I did morning stretches, and evening breathing, and was under calories...but had to delete my other exercises due to getting sick on my sons "rancid oil debacle" LOL... .
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I just wanted to say "Hey" - I've been re-assigned to Cabin 2 and am wicked excited! Looking forward to our time together!

Donna
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Hi All! I just wanted to say "Hey" - I've been re-assigned to Cabin 2 and am wicked excited! Looking forward to our time together!

Donna

Welcome, :flowerforyou:
  • Super_Mama
    Options
    I have updates our group tracking spreadsheet so that everyone should have their own spot to log their points for the week:

Please let me know if you have trouble with this method. I am also happy to log it for you (I know I can't access googledocs from work!) if you want to let me know what you have done.

As of right now, we have 41 points (GO US!!!) but I know we can add to this! For those of you who are new to our bunk, please feel free to update your sections, and make sure you have added your start weight to the first yellow column :)

Every morning I post a reminder to my status update, and I also try to post a good quote. If there are other things I can do to help motivate you please let me know! We are all on this journey together!

I managed to get my morning stretches, evening cooldown, meet my calorie goal, run 2 miles....in the pouring rain (Activity challenge=water day, ha!) How did you do?
  • SummerMM1
    Options

Welcome aboard SummerMM!! I have posted what I think your completed activities are at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOX9Yc3SGxLdHF1UUJnUENGZzZJMFpBNHcxZ1RSX3c#gid=0

Please let me know if I missed anything. Have you done your morning stretches and cooldowns?

Hope you had fun at the zoo? :)

Yes we he a lot of fun at the zoo, did a lot of walking and even went to the water zone they had. Legs are sore but so worth it :smile: