I'm Normal

Options
grim_traveller
grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
I reached a couple of goals in this week's weigh-in. I hit Onderland, 199 pounds, which at 6"3" also put me into the "normal" BMI range, at 24.9. I don't think I've been this weight since my sophomore year of High School, some 35 years ago.

I've already gone past my surgeon's goal of 250, and my own goal of 225, so needless to say, I'm happy. I'm actually still losing a little, even though I started increasing my calories about a month ago. It would be great to lose a few more, so that I stay in the "normal" range, but I'm not sure that is practical. Even though I am the lightest I've been in many years, I'm not in the best shape. I was actually in better condition fifteen years ago when I weighed about 225. I need to lose a little more fat, and I would like to start adding back some muscle. I hadn't realized how much I had lost until this past winter, when it was all I could do to lift the snow blower into the back of my truck. That was an eye-opener. So I've been lifting weights for the past couple of months. If I had anything I'd like to do over, I would have started lifting much earlier.

This has really been an amazing turnaround for me. To have gone from 475 pounds a few years ago to 199 today, doesn't seem quite real. I have no complications from the RNY, unless you count constipation, which is likely more because of my diet and supplements. Everything has worked out as well as I could possibly have expected.

Thanks to everyone on here who has provided insight, inspiration, and support. It makes a world of difference. I started on MFP the day I started back on soft foods after surgery, mostly because I was too lazy to keep a paper food log that my nutritionists wanted. I still weigh and log every bite of food, every day. This milestone would not have been possible without that key.

Thanks again, everyone.

Replies

• kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    That is awsome! I am so happy for you. Good luck with your lifting and getting your muscles back. With your determination it shouldn't be that much of an issue.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Good for you for still setting goals and increasing your weight lifting.
  • Donyeil
    Donyeil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Job Congrats!
  • nfgaring
    nfgaring Posts: 12
    Options
    274 lbs is pretty amazing. What a change that must be for you. Its been kinda slow (weight loss) for me the last couple of weeks. Keep up the good work!
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    You have done amazing. Great job and congratulations! You have worked hard and did awesome!
  • wheresheidi
    wheresheidi Posts: 213
    Options
    You're amazing and a great inspiration. Have you tried probiotics for the constipation? Did you have your gallbladder removed? I'm worried about that.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing transformation. Thank you for sharing your journey and the lessons learned along the way. Best wishes for continued success.
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    So Proud of you!!!!!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OH WELL DONE CHICK you have done so BRILLIANT :flowerforyou:

I only wish to get down to the "normal" range in bmi so close yet so far! :wink: