6/5 30 Day Challenge Day5

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone. Today is my kids last day of school and I'm so happy that I won't have to wake up at 6 am anymore...well, at least not until late August when school starts all over again. Tomorrow marks the 1st day of summer vacation. We don't have any major plans for summer. We plan on visiting the Florida Keys sometime, Busch Gardens, St. Augustine...my husband wants to go on a cruise but I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not a big fan of boats. Honestly, it's not the boats I have a problem with, it's what's underneath the boats that I'm not a big fan of. I've seen Jaws one too many times I guess. What are some of your plans for summer?

Yesterday was a pretty slow day for me. I stayed under my calorie count and I did 2 sets of 25 squats for a total of 50. Yay me! My butt actually feels more firm to me. It doesn't look any more firm but that's not important. Looks aren't important. :laugh:
Today I'll aim for 2 sets of 30 squats, 30 minutes of cardio and I'll stay under my calorie count. Oh, and laundry. I MUST do some laundry.

"Thinking about working out burns approximately zero calories per hour" soooo..."♫ Get up off of that thing ♪ and dance til you feel better. ♫"

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

♥ Diana

Replies

• iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! Today, my rear sort of hurts from the squats - gee whiz, I only did 25! The popchip lunch yesterday was a really bad idea. By the time I got home from work, I was shaking and really hungry. This prompted a semi-binge. So... healthy food at regular intervals is really the way to go. (heavy sigh - DUH) Our kids are all adults, so I envy you Diana that you get to enjoy summer vacation with the kids! I miss that! I worked in the school district when the kids were in school and really loved my summer days. So fun!! My goal is to stay within my calorie goal and eat healthy food!! Have a wonderful day Everyone!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the time with the kids this summer :)

My kids are grown, son is deployed to South Korea until Christmas time, my oldest daughter is busy with work and my granddaughter. And the youngest is just busy Ms. Popular LOL Luckily since I live on the beach they usually make a lot of visits in the summer, so looking forward to that.

Stayed within my calories was missing my skinny cow ice cream sandwich at the end of the night though, I really need to make a trip to the store. Oh well I will survive without them until tomorrow.

Exercise today:
    10 miles on the bike, 30 DS, push ups up to 8 real ones now, 3 sets of tricep dips (trying to get rid of my bat wings), and 3 sets of 30 second planks. Going to try and convince hubby to take a walk on the beach when he gets home that may or may not happen depends on the kind of day he had.

Have a wonderful day everyone and GET MOVING! :)

Jen
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, I finally worked out!!, First time this month :ohwell:

I did 25 minutes Rockin Body Party Express
    Still going to do my squats(those are REALLY HARD)
    Did 20 yesterday...hopefully I will get 20 in today....

Bought new stuff for my bathroom(rugs, towels, shower curtain, etc...) Been wanting to redo it for weeks now...finally bought the stuff and just haven't taken the time to put it all together. Can't wait.

Supposed to go to the store today also. Really don't feel like it, but I didn't take anything out for dinner so it's like
    I have to go(unless I can talk hubby into eating out, :bigsmile: )

Oh well, I'll let ya know if I get the squats done...

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bad week, bad bad week!
    Working 12 hour days, eating on the run, too tired to workout...
    Will move backside off sofa in 5 mins and do some squats in an attempt to burn off the latest chocolate binge...
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Under my calorie goal for another day - yahoo! Got in my Power Yoga class this morning, and am already sore, since I'd done upper body lifting yesterday. Advil before bed for me. I still need to do crunches tonight, but I think I'll let dinner digest a little before I try that! :tongue: This is turning into a really good week for me, so I'm hoping to see that reflected on the scale.

I'm also excited because I figured out how to guarantee some weekend workouts. (It's easy when I'm traveling, because I only have myself to look after.) We're heading to Disney World at month's end, so I'm going to make the family do evening walks when I'm home to prep them for marathon days on their feet. It won't be at my usual workout pace, but it's still better than what I normally manage. Today is my kids' last day of school, too, so there won't be the pile of homework and activities we usually have to work around.

Saree - hang in there! I know that feeling all too well.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, 25 squats....and 25 minutes Jazzercise and 30 minutes moderate cleaning....

Under my caloried goal also....Good Day here :drinker:

Woohoo!!!,

Feel like I'm back!!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Did my 60 squats today along with my weight lifting and stationary :) Woo hoo! I'm doing it :bigsmile: