Help with Dumbbells

Options
slimtoneneetz
slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
Can someone suggest me with routines on lifting heavy with dumbbells. My standard weight i can lift is 5 - 7 lbs. That too at times are very heavy for me :(

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What weight increments do you have?
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have adjustment dumbbells of each 1 kg, 2.5 kg, 4kg. and these can be mixed and matched too. So tota,l i have 15kg.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I gather you mean something like this:

Marcy-40-lbs-Eco-Cast-Iron-Dumbbell-Set.jpg

If I'm understanding your question correctly, sometimes the incremental increase can be too heavy when you add weight. Simple and cheap solution, go to your local hardware store and get some large metal washers (the center hole should be 1" for standard or 2" for Olympic handles). Put one on your kitchen scale to determine the weight, and you're good to go.

The ones I have run around 6 per pound, so I superglue them together for 1lb increments.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for now so we can keep track of active threads. If you still want suggestions on routines, if you could respond to the clarifying question from FunkyTobias, and we can take it from there. PM either myself or SIdeSteel, with a link to this thread and we will unlock so you can follow up.
This discussion has been closed.