Pub Night!

Options
MightyDomo
MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
Thought since we've talked about it, it might be a good idea to make a topic for it!

A night out at a central pub to meet, greet and get to know each other better, there were a few ideas tossed around in the sushi night board but it might be a good idea to put it in here. There was also a suggestion of two nights out for those that couldn't attend one then they could probably attend the other and have them far enough apart that we aren't going out too much.

Anyways, lets throw some dates and locations around and come up with a couple of pub nights! Who's in?

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for this :)
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How did I not know there was this Calgary Group on the Message Boards!!
    I would so be in for a drinks night. I'm basically downtown, so quite central to most places.
    Great spots:
    - Ship and Anchor,
    - the New National on 10th is pretty great, although extremely busy and hard to find a spot to sit most times.
    - Depending on how many people, Tipperary's pub is usually pretty quiet and has plenty of room.
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I think if we end up with a big enough group we might be able to reserve sections, patios if I remember correctly that is first come first serve sorta thing so that can work if we have a smaller group.

I think I have been to Tipperary's before, don't remember for sure and the Ship and Anchor is great! Another two that I think might be good locations that are pretty nice to step into are Bottlescrew Bill's and The Barley Mill.

Also letting us know when would be good nights would also be helpful in deciding which days we should plan for, totally forgot that part. I am free every other weekend, this weekend I have my daughter so the next week end would be free kind of thing.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    Options
    OH Bottlescrew Bills is pretty good and the Barley Mill too!

Friday or Sat next weekend work well for me. Which is 15th or 16th.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Ship and Anchor, while fun is super loud isn't it?

Melrose (fairly mild crowd wise and not too loud)
    Craft (calm earlier on, then loud/packed at night)
    Hudson's (same as Craft but gets a dance floor later on)

Is Tipperary's the one up on 16th Ave?

Rose and Crown
    Wurst

I am fairly sure Melrose and Rose and Crown take reservations too.

I am open most weekends except the 21st. I think skrakalaka suggested the 22nd.
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I forgot about Wurst & the Rose and Crown, both of those are good too. Yeah the Ship gets pretty loud, used to not be that way when it was less diverse lol.

Anyways so it sounds like the possible places to go are that may or may not do reservations:

Melrose
    Craft (I know they do reservations earlier in the day during work days but I don't know about weekends)
    Melrose
    Hudson's (I think they are like Craft on reservations)
    Rose & Crown
    Wurst
    Tipperary's

I am going to edit my first post and put these up there for voting! - Scratch that, looks like I cannot edit my first post :/ weird...

So it seems so far the 15th might be a good day this month? Maybe the second meet-up for those who might not make the first or want to go to a second could be the weekend of the 22nd or 29th? Just throwing it out there!
  • SmugCanucksGal
    Options
    Hudsons is a great spot! and theres a few of them to choose from! And yes you can make reservations there I know 100%

15th works best for me.
  • kimad
    Options
    I def. know Melrose and Rose & Crown do reservations because I had to do it for a stagette... but unsure if you get the best pick of tables and/or patio.

None the less, I am fairly open to anything!!

Like I said, only the 21st doesn't work for me.

Shannon, skrakalaka, mentioned the 22nd, but hasn't chimed in on here so I don't know if that is changed.

Chantel, mightydomo, what's your daughter's schedule...

15, 22, whatever, I am cool....
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I have her one week on, one week off. So these weekends I don't have her: June 14-16, 28-30, July 12-14, 26-28.

I also just realized that I will be out of town on the 14/15th but I can still try to arrange things for that day if there are enough people that want to go out that day.

So whatever works for everyone :)
  • SmugCanucksGal
    Options
    If we cannot do this 14/15th I'm okay doing something later. I cant do the 21/22 as that's Sled Island weekend and I'll be attending some of the shows. .

I can do Friday the 28th weekend . Although that's the LONG weekend, maybe people are planning on being out of town?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    As it stands I'm also available for any of the dates mentioned so far!

Have you settled on a location yet or is it still up for voting? I've always wanted to check out Bottlescrew Bill's, but I'm fine with anywhere that's not too loud because I always go partly deaf in really loud places, haha.
  • kimad
    Options
    Sorry mightydomo, are you saying you can make the 15th work? if yes, in the evening?

If you can, let's do the 15... I am away the 28th weekend for my nephew's grad in BC..

I am open for Bottlescrew Bill's, I've never been...

ETA: I am pretty sure Melanie is available that weekend...
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm out of town on the weekend of the 15th. I'd be available evenings the weekend of the 22, gone for the long weekend (family reunion). Let me know what the final verdict is, I haven't been to a lot of pubs (just my neighbourhood favs) so I'll leave the choice of that to the experts ;)
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I don't think I will be free but it looks like I might have no way to go to the fathers day party my mum is holding as my sister is going out of town. I thought she was going and I was going to go with her so not sure what is happening and I will probably be babysitting her kitten and 2 big dogs and an overzealous little one might be too much for an 8 week old kitten.

I can still setup everything regardless if I can go or not on the 15th :) So looks like Bottlescrew Bills is going to be a popular choice, it's a good place, I have been there a good number of times.

Glad you checked in with Mel! I keep forgetting she isn't on here even though I don't see her around.
  • kimad
    Options
    Well if it doesn't work for you, we can pick another date... cause it would only be 3 of us, and while I would still totally go, it may be more fun to have more of us.
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I will have to see, looks like Mel was ready to come as well. I am thinking it might be hard for my mum to come get me from town while she has a party to take care of so either I end up out of town the whole weekend or I may end up cancelling as I cannot spend the whole weekend there with nothing to do other than the 4 hour party.

So I will talk to my mum today and see what I end up with, it would be nice to see more people coming and will probably repost to my feed today or tomorrow and see if we can spark more interest.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I work nights the weekend of the 14th and I just found out my friend's stagette is on the 22nd :(. Weekends are just impossible because I work most of them. If anyone wants together during the week let me know.
  • kimad
    Options
    Shannon,

There is a pub by my house that has 15 cent wings on Thursday nights... could be a possibility?
    Open for anywhere that has cheap wings, mind you, but know this place does.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Shannon,

There is a pub by my house that has 15 cent wings on Thursday nights... could be a possibility?
    Open for anywhere that has cheap wings, mind you, but know this place does.

Yes that could be a possibility. Where is it? I haven't gone for cheap wings in years, used to go to Classic Jacks on 17th ave.
  • kimad
    Options
    I live on 64th Avenue NE just off Deerfoot Trail.. I'm literally by the airport.

Open for anywhere that has cheap wings!