Refreshing this group

Options
Hello everyone. I am an "old" believer of the Keto Diet. But starting out new at it again. Is anyone still there that would like to get discussions and support going again? Only Keto peeps can talk about diet to other Keto peeps. Other dieters just can't understand. "Friend" me and/or reply and let's see if anyone is still around.

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm still around and just now really getting into ketosis. You're welcome to friend me...and chat here.
  • Chlobsy
    Chlobsy Posts: 5
    Options
    Been pondering and researching the ketogenic diet for a while now... Started a few days ago. It feels very strange for someone who ate very healthy, skinless chicken breast/brown rice/veggies, to suddenly be eating sausage and mayonnaise. :P

My tummy is still trying to get use to the fat intake, but I am hoping this will settle once i get into the routine.

My diet is still predominantly protein, having a hard time finding healthy fats that dont contain too many carbs. Any recommendations?
  • dtennisman2006
    dtennisman2006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chlobsy,

I have been struggling with a regular low fat, low carb, high protein diet and other variants of this. I even tried portion control of healthy foods doing a 30/30/30 split. I started cyclical keto diet today and I must say that I love eating the foods but I do feel yucky having been used to eating a protein rich with complex carb diet.

Some of the stuff I have read says to cook with olive oil or virgin coconut oil since they are healthy fats. All kinds of fish will give you plenty of healthy fats like omega-3s and protein. Almonds are an excellent snack that has also mostly healthy fats and low carbs. My favorite in between snack is a low carb tortilla (3g carbs) with either smoked salmon or smoked tuna, 1 slice of cheese or cream cheese, and 1 tblsp of mayo. Very delicious, low carb! I know this is a month behind your post. Just though I'd share anyways