Hello newbie here

Options
dbloomin
dbloomin Posts: 4 Member
I am looking for any good ideas for veggies. I seam to be eating the same thing all the time.

Replies

• Leena1225
    Leena1225 Posts: 16
    Options
    Have your tried the steamer bags for the microwave? You can cut up any vegi's, season them, and steam them in just a few minutes. You can use any and all vegi's. It's great and I find myself trying all kinds of fresh vegi's that I wouldn't have otherwise. I actually go into the store looking for new things I haven't tried yet. My favorite is asparagus though.
  • dbloomin
    dbloomin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks I will try them. I love veggies
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, cherry tomato, baby organic carrots, sweet peppers, apples, sliced mango, grapes, clementines...throw some slivered almonds in with your steamed veggies or cook in the wok with some ginger...
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge bundle of asparagus and steamed the whole lot in my rice cooker. Perfect! I've been steaming my cauliflower and broccoli in it for months, but it hadn't occurred to me to use it for asparagus. I will definitely cook it this way again. I love asparagus and it's so low in cals and high in taste. And a very classy looking veggie, too.