Introductions

Options

Replies

• photoshyY
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to MFP and live in Tucson. Nice to have this group, and make a local connection of sorts. :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Tucsonans

I've been on MFP around 60 odd days. Originally from NYC but here on the SE side since Oct 97.

A yo yo dieter for years with Weight Watchers and just diagnosed with DM2 so counting calories/carbs as their points plan won't work for me . I'm too cheap to pay each week and I've never felt motivated by their leaders.

I've never been one to exercise, I was the kid in school "this close" to flunking PE. It has carried onto my adult life. I'm not sure about joining a gym, mostly financially and I know how I've been in the past, will I actually go? Right now I'm trying to motivate myself to possible do some Mall Walking (Park Place), or even find the get up & go and just walk around the neighborhood (the 100+ temps right now do put a big quash on this plan)

Thought I'd join up and see what others in town are doing (solo walks, runs, cycling, gyms, the Y, free events, classes etc) and introduce myself.
  • badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I took a few months off - had surgery - real life interferred, but I'm back. And that's all that counts. Add me if you'd like. Always looking for new friends and motivation.
  • Blessed2BeeAlive
    Blessed2BeeAlive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The closest I get to Tucson is Sunsites, Arizona. In a small town, hardly worth having a group for it, yet. There is so few of us & not all of us are @ MFP. I go to Tucson 1-4 times a month, as my friend goes wkly!!
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Joaquin, and I am busily working on myself in LOTS of different ways: physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. I am working to develop myself to my fullest potential, in every way I can. I love to talk about fitness, playing sports, eating healthy and being healthy, and I am ALWAYS looking to hear about challenging workouts to try (e.g. "try your entire work on a bosu ball man!)

Drop me a line to share an exercise, your favorite healthy Paleo-recipe, or just to say hi!

Good luck, and keep up the good work everyone!!!

L'chaim!
  • intligntwmn
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am in the process of losing lots of weight, I have had pretty good success so far, but still have a ways to go. I am exercising 2 times a day, 6 days a week and have drastically changed my diet. I live in NE Tucson, and would love to hear from others in Tucson and be encouraged, or encourage you in your journey!
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Welcome to the site and continue to press on your journey
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @intligntwmn

Good to meet you! Welcome to the site, and wishing you the best. The Tucson group is pretty tight, and we all have each other's back!
  • chelebug26
    chelebug26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work out at Chuze Fitness - let's go together sometime?
  • pickered
    Options
    Hi everbody and thanks for the invite to the group! Been in Tucson about a year now and enjoying the heck out of it.
    As for me I do a lot of hiking and a bit of road cycling, so if anybody has any interesting news regarding that or just want to get out for a walk one of these days let me know. I've logged well over 200 miles of the Arizona Trail so far and know the local paths pretty well.
    Anybody doing CrossFit? Not sure about it but would like to get some feedback. Looks fun
  • OneFieryWench
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Whitney. ^_^ Born and raised here in Tucson. 28 years old. I've managed to lose 80 lbs. on my own with (relatively) healthy eating and (some pretty half-assed, if I'm being honest) exercise since 2010, but I joined this website a few days ago because I'm finally ready to get serious and finish what I started! I've been into eating clean and training mean since December of last year, with really good results thus far. I'm hoping that this site will help to keep me accountable and focused so that I can continue on that path. :)

Looking forward to getting to know people and making friends so that we can support and encourage one another! Best wishes to all of you and good luck on your journey!
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Welcome o the site and looking forward to supporting you
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I just found this group and I'm so happy that it's here! I'm Naomi, I'm 44 years old. I joined MFP about 5 months ago. I'l lost 15 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10 at least, maybe more. I'm just taking it slow. I was dragged to Tucson kicking and screaming as a moody 14 year old. Now I've been here for 30 years and couldn't imaging being anywhere else. I live pretty central, in the Campbell/Glenn area. I'm a preschool teacher and I *think* that lets me put "very active" as my lifestyle, lol.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Cara, 33, Mother to 5 kids. I joined MFP because a friend of mine who was watching me doing my weight loss and my own said "There's a great site to join!" So I've been here with MFP for about 2 weeks now. I lost 30lbs on my own, and have dropped another 10 since joining. I'm VERY motivated to shed this weight and thankfully it's going well enough. I'm happy to do get togethers for hiking (I'm just down the street from a great trail at the top of 1st Ave - Iris O Dewhurst I think) but happy to travel farther as well. I'm slow but steady - and love to meet to new people who are trying to do the same things!

Glad to be here!
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Welcome to the group
  • Steph_L3
    Steph_L3 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site. Joined a few days ago. :-) I have 34lbs to lose and I was so excited to see this group, meet people in my area that also needs to lose weight! It's great motivation! I've lived here for 3 years now. I'm originally from Florida! I work as a 1st grade paraprofessional but before that, I was a SAHM for 8 years. I just started working this school year. I have one son and I'm 28 years old!
  • Steph_L3
    Steph_L3 Posts: 53
    Options
    I just found this group and I'm so happy that it's here! I'm Naomi, I'm 44 years old. I joined MFP about 5 months ago. I'l lost 15 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10 at least, maybe more. I'm just taking it slow. I was dragged to Tucson kicking and screaming as a moody 14 year old. Now I've been here for 30 years and couldn't imaging being anywhere else. I live pretty central, in the Campbell/Glenn area. I'm a preschool teacher and I *think* that lets me put "very active" as my lifestyle, lol.

Naomi!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Naomi!!

*waves*
    This is so cool.
  • meramirez2012
    meramirez2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    H! Thanks to NaomiJFoster for telling me about this group! I live in NW Tucson, have a great husband, and 3 little girls. I work out regularly and eat (fairly) healthy, but I have had an extra 10-15 that I've been wanting to take off for good for years. I would love to have a workout partner and perhaps get together as a group sometime!
  • lindyfry
    lindyfry Posts: 2
    Options
    This discussion board seems to be a bit inactive, but I figure it's still worthwhile to introduce myself! I'm Lindsey and just graduated from the University of Arizona with a double major in Political Science and Spanish & Portuguese. Now I'm taking my first steps into real, true adult life and want to be my healthiest while I do it! I formerly used MFP diligently to track calories and my cardio and strength training and lost twenty pounds until about fifteen months ago when life took an unexpected turn. I've finally, FINALLY got my bearings back and, though starting from square one as far as weight is concerned, I have learned plenty about exercising effectively and am a much better cook than I used to be. I look forward to working towards my goals alongside the rest of you!