CLX before breakfast

Options
StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
Hey guys - I just started CLX this morning, but in order to fit it in I'll be doing it as soon as I get up, before breakfast.

I already do my cardio at this time, but will this be a problem for strength training?

As soon as I finished I drank a protein shake, then went and showered and got ready before having breakfast.

Would love input - I don't know much about the science behind losing weight/ strength training and just want to make sure that this isn't damaging!!

Replies

• diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    According to Jillian Michaels you should do weight training first then cardio, so thats what I do everyday weights first. She said that way you would have the energy to still do your cardio if you do weights first it also has something to do with the muscles.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Oops sorry - should have clarified that I do my cardio at that time on my off days from CLX, not on the same days :)
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    My opinion is whatever works for you, just do it. Some people will say you need to eat something, some will say working out on an empty stomach, whether strength or cardio, is the way to go. I actually think eating after the workout is more important, especially protein after lifting, to feed your muscles during recovery. So, I say continue doing what you are doing. :)
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    My opinion is whatever works for you, just do it. Some people will say you need to eat something, some will say working out on an empty stomach, whether strength or cardio, is the way to go. I actually think eating after the workout is more important, especially protein after lifting, to feed your muscles during recovery. So, I say continue doing what you are doing. :)

Awesome thanks :)

I didn't think I was doing anything too bad as I feel pretty strong and good working out straight after I get up, but just wanted to make sure this wasn't like THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD TO DO.

Haha
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist suggest eating 5-6 crackers and I mix up 1/2 scoop protein powder before I do CLX at 5:30am.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I completed CLX doing just that, butt crack of dawn workouts! Some people need a pre-workout snack beforehand. I didn't. I would advise you to listen to your body. Have fun and do what works best for you.
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy, early like 4:30 - 5 a.m. on an empty stomach and it works well for me. I agree with others that just do what works for you, if it feels fine...then it should be fine.
  • agata44
    agata44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The same, I'm trying to lift around 6 a.m. before going to work, as in the afternoon I don't have a time due long hours in the lab or martial arts trainings. Agree with Heidi just listen to your body ;)