Summer's here (practically)

Options
And we know that in South Louisiana it gets hot quick! How are you getting your exercise in and avoiding the heat and humidity?

I'm trying to get up around 4:45 to get my runs in before work in the morning. Other times I'm either hitting the YMCA or my elliptical at home.

Replies

• breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    And we know that in South Louisiana it gets hot quick! How are you getting your exercise in and avoiding the heat and humidity?

I'm trying to get up around 4:45 to get my runs in before work in the morning. Other times I'm either hitting the YMCA or my elliptical at home.

I hit the gym, but even inside I am pouring with sweat (or as my grandmother would say: I am glistening, because southern ladies don't sweat, they glisten.) I kinda like it though; its like I feel the toxins leaving my body.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Sweat means you are working hard!

I just got back from a run/walk this morning and already at 7:25 I'm "glistening" too :)
  • Determined225
    Determined225 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On the days I work I get off at 6am and I go to the gym at my job..when im off i go in the evenings to walk around the trails in zachary. Usually after 6pm when the heat has subsided a little bit.