Trainer or on Your Own?

Options
csm2010
csm2010 Posts: 11 Member
Did you ladies/gents work out independently or hire a trainer?

I'm new to this, thanks to Jamie Eason and the Live Fit program! But I'm almost done with the program So I can keep working out and cycle the program or I've thought of getting a trainer. I found a gym, where I can go for $75 a month and he'll train me, do a nutrition plan, and monthly progress checks....I've also seen people on FB and instagram who will help for a monthly charge.

Any experience or thoughts?

Replies

• ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey There

I am currently signed up to a trainer / coach to help me with a bikini competition prep. I found that i pushed myself much harder with the trainer than i would on my own..

It is EXPENSIVE though so it was a big decision for me to make..

I think paying for a coach is completely worth it though!
  • mandyspark
    mandyspark Posts: 20
    Options
    I am also working with a coach. It also took a lot of thought before I did so but it is worth it to me as well. They can see the things in my physique that I can't and target different muscle groups when necessary. My coach is also doing my nutrition and his texts, encouragement and help are priceless to me.
  • csm2010
    csm2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Not sure what I'll do yet.
    Just learned what macros where. ha. So I'm thinking of continuing to workout but adding in the use of MFP, whey isolate protein, supplements. I'm thinking it'll make a dent!
  • urbliss777
    urbliss777 Posts: 48
    Options
    Personally, I am losing the extra weight I gained and getting back to a healthy lifestyle, on my own. Then after that I will be hiring a Trainer. They will be able to make sure you are physically ready to compete (look good enough for your category). They can also help you with posing and other things to do with competing. I would make sure you hire someone who HAS trained women who have competed. And also someone who has competed and placed. That is what I would do. :smile: