Water

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
According to MFP we should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. I am hoping everyone is staying hydrated especially going into the summer. So here is my question:

Do you count the water consumed after working out as part of your 8? I do. I am just wondering if this is 'replacing' what I sweat out or not....Thoughts?

Replies

• bearcrusher
    Options
    I after I workout I usually down 8 glasses worth in about 5 minutes. So yah I count it but I usually end up with 15+ cups a day
  • AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have really slacked on my water consumption lately!! I have got to get back on track!!! I will try to do better!! I have to!!
  • Fixenheimer
    Options
    Of all the things I struggle with in this weight loss journey, drinking water isn't one of them. Because of my many years of diabetes and problems associated with that, I have learned to drink at least 10-15 glasses of water a day. I guess I always thought that every glass counts no matter when you drink it.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    "The Institute of Medicine says adult men need about 13 cups (3 liters) per day of fluid; adult women need about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of fluid. (You get about an additional 21/2 cups of fluid from foods.)

“But one size doesn’t fit all,” says Leslie Bonci, R.D., C.S.S.D., director of sports nutrition at the Center for Sports Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and dietitian for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Your size and activity level affect your fluid requirements. Simply put, the larger and more active you are, the more you’ll need."

Dangit! I honestly drank maybe 1-2 glasses of water a day. I'm not a big water fan (boring, plain), but I've tried really hard to make sure I get at least 6-7 glasses (more when I exercise). Reading this was kinda sad. :(
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't generally count the water I drink during/post workout, but only because I know it's at least 6 cups anyways.
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer/nutritionist at the gym I go to has me working towards a minimum of 3 liters with the upper range being 1/2 of my body weight in oz. (a little over 4 liters currently)
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't generally count the water I drink during/post workout, but only because I know it's at least 6 cups anyways.

I meant over and above my 8 a day, oy can you tell it's been a long week?
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a lot of water - typically 24oz after my workout in the am and pm (48oz total) then I drink at least 4 20oz cups a day. Just was wondering if this was enough or if i should push to drink more.