6/6 30 Day Challenge Day 6

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning. The sun is shining. It's a bright new day. Just kidding. This is the start of hurricane season in Florida so it's rainy and miserable at my house today. There is a brief break in the rain and I'm thinking about taking advantage of it and going for a walk. Yesterday, I exercised for 30 minutes, I did a total of 60 squats and I stayed under my calorie count. :happy: But I didn't get around to doing my laundry. :grumble: Oh well. Today's a new day.

I don't have any major plans today since it'll probably rain all day but I do plan to stay under my calorie count, exercise for 30 minutes and do 2 sets of 30 squats. I don't know if it's the rain or what but I feel completely drained of all energy. I better go get some coffee before I fall back asleep.

"Someone who is busier than you is exercising right now."

I hope you all have a thoroughly thrillingly Thursday.

♥ Diana

Replies

• KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Since Monday I've been going way over my calories. I'm going to try really hard to stay on track today. There's been so much free food at work this week, its gotten to me.

Happy Thursday everyone!!
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My plan today is to definitely stay under my calories. I have been doing horrible and am so not motivated to work out. I'm getting married in less than 2 months and really need to tighten up this tummy!!! Just sitting on the floor and doing sit ups sounds... blah..

Goal today: Stay within my calories
    Do 2 sets of 30 squats
    3 sets of 1 minute jumping jacks
    4 sets of 30 second crunches .... Good start?

Waitressing today also so that will get in some calorie burn.

Sorry this is my first day posting. Kinda forgot about this challenge :p
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!

Hope everything is fine for you with the weather coming your way Diana.

Already did 20 minutes of biking, Levels 1 & 2 of 30 DS, and will be taking a walk on the beach with a friend of mine this afternoon. Will stay within my calories as that is becoming second nature :)

Have a wonderful day!
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you want to rev up your ab workout, try something like a plank series

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/exercises/plank.htm

these are more challenging than situps but there is lots of variety and they target larger muscle groups

if you can can your hands on it, Ab Ripper X from the P90X series is awesome. Its under 20 minutes and is grueling, but you will see results fast!
  • hippiejacket0810
    Options
    Thanks for posting that Sarah!

Got my little strength workout done. Now to burn some calories running around Applebee's!
  • hippiejacket0810
    Options
    How do you post your weight loss meter?
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling this week, I can't find the motivation to work out and I am craving carbs horribly. I am on a cookie and doughnut kick and can't seem to stop. I need to re evaluate and decide if this is what I really want or not. Good luck everyone

Laurie
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do this Laurie!
    Remember is all about moderation. Have carbs, but stick to healthier carbs like whole grains. Try fruits and veggies that will fill you up and drink some water right before you eat anything to signal to your body that you are full more quickly.
    All this is much easier said than done, but you can do it, be strong!
    Every once in a while its ok to have a cookie or donught, just remind yourself to find some way to work off those calories, even if its something like a long walk.
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah.
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what helps me because I am usually incredibly unmotivated and all I ever want to eat is cheese and pasta. When I'm craving something cheesy and creamy, I'll go to the store and buy a couple of those lean cuisine meals. They're not bad and they've got quite a selection to choose from. Another weird trick I sometimes use...and this is probably going to sound really strange but it works for me usually. When I'm feeling an urge to over eat I'll brush my teeth instead. Nothing tastes good after you brush your teeth. Lol! That one helps a lot at night. When it comes to exercise, that one's harder because I HATE to exercise. I hold fast to the "anything is better than nothing" mentality. When you'd much rather sit on your bum than exercise, break it up into small intervals. Instead of doing 30 consecutive minutes of cardio, do 10 minutes now, 10 minutes later...And you don't have to run on a treadmill or do an exercise DVD. Who says you can't turn on your favorite music and dance around like a crazy person? I like to turn on "Brass Monkey" every now and then and cut loose. It keeps me young. Don't give up. You only have 24 days to go. That's nothing when you consider what you might look like on your wedding day, or in that bathing suit...Your sacrifices now will make it all worth it. We can do this!!!!!

What song do you all like to cut loose to?

♥ Diana
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I put on a KC and the Sunshine Band cd and work out.....It's a 40 minute cd and I workout to the whole thing... I love it!!
    It's so upbeat and the dance music helps keep me in the mood. :bigsmile:

Today I did 35 minutes of Rockin Body, Disco Groove..... :happy:
    My rockin body dvd's are fun to dance to also....He puts together dance routines and then at the end we do the whole routine 2 or 3 times and it's a blast to see that I can do the whole routine.:drinker:

I still have to do my squats....The 25 I did last night were like "whew", just about all I could do...
    Kudos to those of you who do more :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Leahkat1020
    Leahkat1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I relate to the struggles of this week. I've been working at a fast food restaurant for the summer and the employee meals have been a struggle. Here I am surrounded by french fries and all the greasy burgers with cheese I could want and instead I've been trying to make the right choices.

The weather here at least has been welcoming enough that I've been taking walks. It's difficult to want to get up after working on my feet all day, but I feel so much better afterwards.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Laurie! We can all do this, don't punish yourself for past mistakes its just going to pull you further into that vicious cycle. Looking forward make a plan for what steps you can take to do this. imagine how great it will feel at the end of this!:drinker:
  • myaebeling
    myaebeling Posts: 11
    Options
    I wear a fitbit and am challenging myself to 13,000 steps a day. It takes me all day,but I am smiling when I go to bed with the goal achieved. I need to work harder to achieve the 60 squats not there yet. Doing 15 and working to add 5 per day.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Got in the 25 squats!!, Yeah me!!

Those things are Hard!!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Did 70 squats today!
  • hippiejacket0810
    Options
    Thank you JurneyEve. Those tips should help! :) I messed up yesterday with calories. But I got my mind set.