New to the group!

Options
hippiebea
hippiebea Posts: 13 Member
Hi! I've been on MFP off and on for about 2yrs. I find myself overeating then quitting for a bit. Then I start MFP again. I'm hoping to gain some support here to stay on track this time. I quit smoking using 2 different online support groups (been quit since 2007!) so I hope I can apply the same concept here by gaining new friends and support. Not sure what else to say about me. I have 3 dogs I love to pieces. I have 2 Autoimmune Diseases, had 2 knee replacements. I love to bike ride which I haven't done in years so I can't wait to do that again. Love nature, love to hike. I eat organic mostly and may move to vegan. On that note - I look forward to getting to know all of you!.

Replies

• kkoher02
    kkoher02 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I myself am new to MFP. I really love it and find it very inspirational with all of the success stories. I have been an emotional eater all my life. I finally lost the weight I wanted to and kept it off for about 8 years and then found out I was pregnant and 4 weeks later found out I had leukemia. I had a bone marrow transplant in March of 2011. I am happy to say I am 2 years in remission and have a wonderful healthy son. I now have chronic kidney disease from being on some anti rejection medicine to long. I am trying to eat as healthy as possible, but have to watch because I am not supposed to eat a lot of the healthy things I like because of my kidneys. I would like to meet new friends for support and give support as well.

I find that emotional eating is the worst disease to have because you have to eat to survive. I love food and I love to cook and bake. I have really been trying to focus on other things or logging onto MFP success stories when I feel like eating. Having a 3 year old can sometimes be very stressful and I find myself wanting to go for things I should not have several times a day. You need to remember that you have to do this for you and that you are worth it. Hope I can motivate and help you.
  • MichelleKS37
    MichelleKS37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello...I'm new to the group also. Emotional eating is something I do a lot of. I'm a stay at home Mom (to a 2 year old little girl) and I go through a lot of daily stresses. You know how it is with a Toddler. On top of that my husband is gone 14 hours a day (who is the one person that takes my stresses away) and I don't have friends available where I live. SO I am pretty much alone with my little girl day in and day out. I'm looking for support in this group because I really need to get myself healthy. I have found out that my triglycerides are high, blood pressure has been and I am borderline diabetic. I really want to change all oft hese things.
    I seem to do well all day until I get to the evening. Which is usually when my Toddler is stressing me the most LOL.