Finishing Stage 1 - Don't want to take a week off!

Options
I am LOVING NROLFW...I'm going to finish Stage 1 early next week and am dreading taking a week off. I feel GREAT after my lifting workouts and don't want to go a week without them! For those who've been there, done that, did you do any other kind of workouts during that week? What was your experience once you started again?

Thanks!

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have never taken a week off between stages specifically. Random vacations, demanding work weeks, etc get in the way though. When I am off lifting, I usually do other stuff, especially running. When I come back, I feel reenergized and muscles really do benefit from rest periods...losing strength is NOT a problem.

Do what works for you!
  • DesignerToast
    Options
    I was in the same boat, I LOVED the first stage (just finished it) and really didn't want to take a week off. Whether this was by chance, or the author really knows their stuff, I tried to start phase 2 on Monday and just felt...tired. The workout didn't go great and I didn't sleep well that night either. So I've taken the rest of the week to do yoga and running, which was a refreshing change! Yoga was especially great because my arms have gotten so much stronger, I managed a pose I usually fall out of. Plus it's a nice mix of strengthening/stretching which is beneficial to anyone working out. I feel better and not so fatigued, so my guess is when I start phase 2 next week I'll come at it much stronger than I would have by trying to push through!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am a huge advocate of taking a week off - well 4 to 5 days. Your muscles grow and repair themselves. And I always come back stronger. I absolutely loved the program too, but I feel rest is so important.
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    Great advice!! Based on the feed back I think I'll rest for at least 5 days and do some yoga and HIIT during that time.

I haven't done yoga in a while so it will be awesome to feel the strength differences in the poses!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I didn't between Stage 1 & 2, but I am just wrapping up a break between 2 & 3. I ended up stretching out stage 2 by a couple of extra workouts so I could time my break with a vacation. By the time vacation hit, I really felt the need for the break. I'm excited to get back to it on Saturday though! I think I'll play other breaks by ear and if I'm feeling run down, I'll work in the break.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, I LOVED the first stage (just finished it) and really didn't want to take a week off. Whether this was by chance, or the author really knows their stuff, I tried to start phase 2 on Monday and just felt...tired.
    I had the same experience. Really struggled through Stage 2 and then took a week off (doing other stuff but no weights) and felt much better prepared for Stage 3.
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've just taken the week off after Stage 1 and done boot camp, boxing and running this week, doing attack tomorrow. Has been great to put in the variety. Thinking seriously about doing Rachels Drop 2 Sizes til my hols and picking up stage 2 in Sept.

Not decided yet.