FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
tumblr_mjpafgQrbr1s1tzoio1_500.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Good morning!

In between some of my daily chores here. Very sore again today, so it looks like the bodyweight exercises are working well enough for me to just do MWF, for now. Hoping to have a normal day at the park today. We'll see how it goes.

Pam, thanks for the info on stomach cramps. I don't feel like I get cramps, per se. I just start to feel like my stomach is knawin' on my backbone. lol. In other words, a hungry feeling. But that quote you posted made me think about my breath, which I never would've thought could cause that, but I bet it does.

I think I will try some different things with my breath. I think I try to suppress my breath too much on the hill, thinking that it will somehow make me be "in better shape", but in reality, I just have to do what my body needs (even huff & puff) until my body is conditioned enough to breathe normally without trying. Luckily, I discovered I can recover my breath at the top of the hill very quickly by taking one or two long, deep breaths (off cadence) to normalize. I think I also need to get outside of my head some more. That seemed to work the best for making a run fly by, without thinking. I forgot to respond to those who suggested good music to help with the mental part. Unfortunately music isn't an option for me right now. :-( I have strange ears that don't hold earbuds well, and I don't have room for bigger headphones, since I'm already carrying more than you should while running (it's necessary: i.d., bus passes, money, keys, phone, chapstick, gum, etc--because I'm always running in between other things like picking-up & dropping-off my son. I pretty much leave home at 1:15 and get home at 5:15, so I can't just go with only a music player.)

Uck! This room suddenly stinks! I need to change a certain little girl's diaper, like NOW!! (sorry tmi, haha)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Wasn't feelin' it today and just ended up taking a short walk and then enjoying watching my lil girl play "chase" with a little boy on the playground. I may not have run...but my lil girl got her run on! heehee

All day today I've felt hungry, hangry...and "eating" hasn't helped. Finally CHOWED DOWN tonight and am feeling muuuuch better.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    tried to delete this ....
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It sure is quiet around here today and usually there are a few comments posted. I spent most of the morning outdoors and as a matter of fact just now getting indoors to stay put for a while. It is another partly cloudy, humid and warm day!

I walked this morning and really need to get some new shoes made specifically for our extremely uneven and natural ground terrain. My right knee is sore and has that slight "burning" feeling...I don't like that. I'll pop an ibuprofen when done with this post. I walked an avg pace of 3.0 mph, 1.9 miles, 39 minutes. Spent additional time playing with pup and working the garden/grounds for a few hours but only logged 30 minutes.

Sherry - glad that info I shared was insightful for ya. Let us know how controlling your breathing during walks/runs work for you. I don't know what is worse...:laugh: ...stinky diapers or stinky pups....:laugh:

Sam - Congrats to your best friend and healthy baby boy!! Yep..she HIT every muscle in that body pushing him out!! WTG on your workout, too!

Toni - You did great on those 70 squats and 40 sec plank. Is the challenge for the whole month of June?

What are the rest of you up to? Make it a great one towards your goals!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Walked before work. Getting off early and swimming after. Happy to have extra time but sad we are slow and lowering my hours.
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today I took a day off from running or biking. I cleaned windows with my better half for two hours so I am just relaxing today!!!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did my JM 30DS L3 today and then enjoyed some sunbathing while the kids played in the sprinkler. I haven't done my 100 hip thrusts for today. I need to get on that... I did bake up some dog treats that my doggies absolutely LOVE and now I have some quinoa cinnamon bars baking (never tried quinoa before), and I plan on making the kiddos some rice crispy treats after dinner (believe it or not, I've never made them homemade). I am in a cooking / baking mood today. Cleaning, not so much. Ugh. :ohwell:
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today I did Fitness Blender's Squat Free Butt and Thigh workout. I also did 13 minutes of Jessica Smith's Barefoot Fusion Mat Workout (that was the point that she began doing lunge work). My knee has been bothering me a little, so I'm going to try to stay low impact for a couple of days. Tomorrow I will be going to an amusement park with my parents and nephew, so my workout will probably be walking around the park with possibly a little yoga.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello

Pam-yes the whole month. If I will post the photo clips tomorrow.

So today did 75Squats and rest day on Planks. Wanted to do something else FB missing it but didn't. My legs are much firmer in these last 6 days Squats are no joke . My legs are really swollen for a good10min after I'm done. So I decided before i go out in shorts...i will get my Squats in..so my legs look fit for a min. Right now it goes away:ohwell:

Keep it up guys