At home exercise stuff?

Options
So I'm doing crap all today and have just spent an hour skimming the forums... and aside from the headache from reading a bunch of nonsense posts by people who clearly shouldn't have internet access I starting wondering what exercise video's & exercise equipment people here on the group have?

I have a few video's here that I've tried and quit (I get bored very fast :blushing: ) but the ones I own are;

3 Gunnar Peterson's Core Sercret dvd's

Jillian Michael's - 30 Day shred, Shred it with weights & 6 pack abs. (can't stand Jillian's voice or nostrils for some reason)

Women's Health - Train for your body type (Actually love this disc but now it skips like crazy and Walmart here no longer carries it :sad: )

and then I have P90X which I liked for about a week and then it started driving me nuts when I noticed how much yoga moves he forces into the discs, Though I still love the Kenpo X disc aside from the yoga style warm up which I skip when I do it.

For equipment I have
Treadmill
2 punching bags
Ab Flyer (which I really should start using but kiddo's swiped it and put it in their room)
Pull-up bar (Which I've had for months and still can't do a pull up so youngest uses it to swing in the doorway :blushing: )
Rebounder
Stepper
Barbell and about 200 pounds in plates
Dumbbells (2, 5 & 8 pounds)
Kettlebell
A few resistance bands, yoga mat & exercise ball.

Aside from the treadmill once in awhile I almost never bother with the rest of the stuff even though I know I should, but what do you all have and do you use it ?

Replies

• gymisue
    gymisue Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a bench that has the "foot bar" so I can wrap my feet behind to gain support for doing crunches, I have bar bell with plates -loaded lightly, and dumbells from 3 lbs to 10 lbs (also the plate kind that came with the barbell --hoping my husband will get inspired) . There is the Nordic Trak stationary bike in the corner, ( I call it the Harley because it is black and orange)- but I haven't used it much, would rather go for a walk. One thing I have been using a lot is this straight "bar" (maybe 5 ft long)it has some padding so youcan put it on your shouldes, hands on the ends for twisting --gives a good stretch. I am really lucky, without any kids at home, we were able to convert a bedroom into a workout room. :smile:
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I am really lucky, without any kids at home, we were able to convert a bedroom into a workout room. :smile:

That is lucky! Wonder if I can talk my kiddo's into moving out early so I can take over their room? :laugh:

Most of my stuff is in the livingroom which works out alright for now because the room is huge and as the kids are teenagers they are hardly home and when they are they spend most of their time in the bedroom or the fridge so I get the livingroom to myself most of the time well aside from the dogs who are always attached to my heels for some reason lol
  • drrozzy
    drrozzy Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi , I have a rebounder twith resistance bands that I sometimes use. Somehow I secretly feel that jumping on it in my upstairs bedroom will one day land me in the living room one story down. No worries my home is structurally sound, just an unfounded fear of mine. I also have a hula hoop which is one of the greatest pieces of equipment ever! Its economical, easy on the knees, and requires little space. I can do this listening to my favorite gospel praise music! I also have 2 lb dumbells.
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Hi , I have a rebounder twith resistance bands that I sometimes use. Somehow I secretly feel that jumping on it in my upstairs bedroom will one day land me in the living room one story down. No worries my home is structurally sound, just an unfounded fear of mine. I also have a hula hoop which is one of the greatest pieces of equipment ever! Its economical, easy on the knees, and requires little space. I can do this listening to my favorite gospel praise music! I also have 2 lb dumbells.

Lol I get that feeling too when jumping on the rebounder, we have an upper apt and keep thinking one of these days I'm going to end up in the sports store below us, Sadly seeing the place was built like crap and just made to look pretty it may actually happen one day... I should really think about moving :laugh:
  • Heidi0630
    Heidi0630 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a treadmill and I do some DVD's for cardio and strength training. Lately, I've taken up playing tennis (not very well, but I'm getting better).
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have one DVD - 28 day boot camp put out by Spark People for when I can't go to the Y or get outside.

I also have a treadmill, and a recumbent exercise bike.

As far as strength training, I have resistance bands, dumb bells (2,3,5,8 and 20 lbs - can't lift this last one - :bigsmile: ), weight bench - with barbell and all kinds of plates. And there is some big piece of equipment in the barn with all kinds of weights and options for different lifts. - I haven't used that yet as I don't think I can do any heavy lifting yet) My husband is an equipment nut!!!!:grumble:
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I've tried the spark peoples 28 day boot camp dvd before but never stuck to it.

I tend to hoard exercise equipment drives hubby crazy as I'm on kijiji all the time looking for good deals but after buying the stuff I get annoyed at the lack of space here so get rid of it then back on kijiji I go and repeat :laugh:

Think my worse buy was the ab circle or maybe the iJoy ride :blushing:
    Both were useless but of course as soon as I saw them I wanted them :laugh: