Bonuses

Options
rcharlee
rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
So the hospital I work for is part of a multimillion dollar company. When I worked at smaller clinics there were bonuses, and christmas parties paid for by the company, but at this place nothing. It's even getting to the point that the owner isn't buying meals for the holidays. We're doing a freakin pot luck on christmas day.

What are you guys clinics like with bonuses and holiday food?

Replies

• axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I work for a university(veterinary teaching hosp.) Our bonus was the 5+yr wage freeze was lifted and we got a 30 cent/hr raise. Otherwise, they do nothing really. Co-workers will bring in treats for eachother occassionally and we'll do a potluck.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Same. I work for a huge corporation and our "holiday party" was a potluck in the breakroom.
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I also work for a university and got nothing. In the 5 years I've been there I've gotten a 0.7% raise, once. Asshats.
    The only good thing is I'm paid for 12 months, but work 10 so I have summers off with my daughter.
    When I was in private practice we all went out for NonHoliday Party, since the owner and one other vet (his daughter) were some undisclosed Christian type that believed Xmas was designed by people wanting to participate in the Pagan's Winter Solstice and not get in trouble. So we litterally all went to dinner, in the xmas time, together. Paid for our own food. Went home. Blah.